Luke Ski at Windycon 2005
|Birth name||Luke Collis Sienkowski|
|Born||January 14, 1974|
|Genres||Parody, Filk, Rap|
|Associated acts||Worm Quartet, Rob Balder|
Luke Collis Sienkowski (born January 14, 1974), better known as the great Luke Ski or simply as Luke Ski, is a parody, filk, and rap artist who writes, records and performs comedy music. The decapitalization of the words "the great" in Sienkowski's stage name is his own preferred spelling, and the title has appeared as such on all of his albums to date. He had the most requested song on the Dr. Demento radio show in 2002, 2003, 2011, and 2014 with his songs "Peter Parker" featuring Sudden Death, "Stealing Like a Hobbit", "Snoopy the Dogg", and "Fake Adult" respectively.
Topics of his parodies have included The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Spider-Man, Keanu Reeves and Hamlet. He has, in one song, parodied all the Star Trek television shows. His parody songs are reminiscent of the pop music works of "Weird Al" Yankovic. Luke helped bring parodies of rap and hip-hop to Science Fiction conventions. He does not play an instrument, and sings to pre-recorded music, often in costume or with props. Much of his work satirizes science fiction movies, television, and their marketing and are often from a fan perspective. Many of his longer works are snippets of song parodies collected together into an extended medley, such as Grease Wars or It's A Fanboy Christmas.
Since 1996, Luke has released numerous albums. He is a frequent performer at science fiction and gaming conventions. Luke is also a caricature artist, and has done the cover art for several of his own albums (with the notable exception of UnCONVENTIONal, which features the artwork of John Kovalic).
Luke Ski hosts the weekly show Dementia Revolution on Dementia Radio and has a bi-monthly podcast that he hosts with back-up vocalist Carrie Dahlby called "Luke and Carrie's Bad Rapport" where in each episode there are several segments in which the two talk about different things; this podcast also regularly features comedy music. He also is the co-host of "Kyle and Luke Talk About Toons" where he and fellow comedy musician and artist Kyle Carrozza discuss animation related topics. Luke also works as a storyboard revisionist, storyboard artist, writer and voice actor for Kyle's new series on Cartoon Network, Mighty Magiswords. Luke's frequent-voiced character, Skullivan, and first voiced character "Docky Boardman", debuted in the episode "Cleanliness is Next to Grupliness" and short "Too Many Warriors" which aired on October 20 and September 5, 2016. The first short he worked on, "Pool Fools" and episode he worked on, "Gotta Get Grup to Get Down", premiered in August 29 and November 11, 2016. Luke portrayed P.T. Barnum on three episodes of The Radio Adventures of Dr. Floyd.
Below is a list of all of Ski's commercially released albums:
- Fanboys 'n Da Hood (1996)
- Shadows of the Bunghole (1997)
- Carpe Dementia (1999)
- Uber Geek (2002)
- Worst Album Ever (2003)
- UnCONVENTIONal (2005)
- BACONspiracy (2007)
- Target: Audience (2008)
- Too Much Stuff (2009)
- Be Amused by Me (2011)
- Because Of Bob: Luke Ski's Kickstarter FAWM album (songs I wrote about people for money) (2014)
- 4th Grade Talent Show (2014)
- Forgotten Fishheads Vol. 13 (2000) - rarities
- Forgotten Fishheads Vol. 27 (2000) - rarities
- Forgotten Fishheads Vol. 42 (2004) - rarities
- Forgotten Fishheads Vol. 69 (2004) - rarities
- Forgotten Fishheads Double Feature (2004) - rarities
- Psycho Potpourri (2004) - compilation
- Forgotten Fishheads Vol. Zero (2004) - rarities
- Are We Stalling For Time? (2004) - live
- Forgotten Fishheads Vol. Zero (2004) - rarities
- May The Farce Be With You (2005) - compilation
- Animation Compilation (2005) - compilation
- Trek-Wutchyalike (2006) - compilation
- What a Ripoff! Volume 1 (2008) - compilation
- Greatest Hits Volume 1: 1996-2003 (2010) - compilation
- What a Ripoff! Volume 2 (2010) - compilation
- What a Ripoff! Volume 3 (2012) - compilation
- Greatest Hits Volume 2: 2004-2009 (2015) - compilation
Produced by Luke Ski
- MarsCon 2007 Dementia Track Fund Raiser CD (2007) - produced and contributed to compilation
- MarsCon 2008 Dementia Track Fund Raiser CD (2008) - produced and contributed to compilation
- MarsCon 2009 Dementia Track Fund Raiser CD (2009) - produced and contributed to compilation
- MarsCon 2010 Dementia Track Fund Raiser CD (2010) - produced and contributed to compilation
- MarsCon 2011 Dementia Track Fund Raiser CD (2011) - produced and contributed to compilation
- MarsCon 2012 Dementia Track Fund Raiser CD (2012) - produced and contributed to compilation
- MarsCon 2013 Dementia Track Fund Raiser CD (2013) - produced and contributed to compilation
- MarsCon 2014 Dementia Track Fund Raiser CD (2014) - produced and contributed to compilation
- MarsCon 2015 Dementia Track Fund Raiser CD (2015) - produced and contributed to compilation
- The Ego Has Landed (2006)
- Morris, Jeff. "Dr. Demento Funny 25 of 2002". Demented Music Database. Retrieved 2010-10-11.
- Morris, Jeff. "Dr. Demento Funny 25 of 2003". Demented Music Database. Retrieved 2010-10-11.
- "Radio Adventures Cast & Crew". Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- "Shockwave Distribution CD & Tape List". Dave Romm. Retrieved 12 July 2016.