Front man Truls Heggero
|Genres||Indie rock, Post-hardcore, Powerpop|
|Years active||1995 – 2012|
|Labels||Tuba, Underhill, ChewinPine, Phone Me|
|Associated acts||Truls and the Trees, Snöras,
The Spectacle, Kaospilot
|Past members||Even Djønne
Eirik L. Bærulfsen
The band was formed in 1995 under the name 'Luke Warm' but it was substituted after a few years to Lukestar. In 2002 they released their first EP, Code: Distance and two years later the debut album Alpine Unit. In January 2008 the band's second album Lake Toba was released. Then the band had a new lineup where the two band members, Even Djønne and Eirik L. Bærulfsen, was replaced shortly after the recording of the album, by Jørgen Larsen and Torbjørn Hafnor from hardcore punk band The Spectacle.
Lukestar received Spellemannsprisen, the Norwegian Grammy Award (2008) in the category best Rock band, for the album Lake Toba. In February 2011 came the third album Taiga. The first single from this album "Flying Canoes", was a-listed on NRK P3. The band broke up in 2012 and played farewell concert at Parkteatret in Oslo on 31 August.
Vocalist Truls Heggero later made great success as solartist and released the album TRVLS (pronounced travels) in 2013 including the giant hits "Out Of Yourself" and "The Next".
- 2008: Spellemannprisen in the category Rock music, for the album Lake Toba
- 2002: Code: Distance [EP] (Machine Machine / Phone MeHandmade / Rec 90)
- 2004: Alpine Unit (ChewinPine)
- 2007: White Shade 7" (Phone Me)
- 2008: Lake Toba (Phone Me / Tuba Records/Flameshovel)
- 2011: Taiga
- 2011: Great Bear [EP]
- Olsen, Robin (2012-07-31). "Lukestar gir seg" (in Norwegian). MusikkNyheter.no. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- Rødahl, Mathias (2013-11-11). "Med solodebuten skulle indierocker Truls Heggero gi seg R&B-en i vold". Musical reviews (in Norwegian) (Dagbladet). Retrieved 2015-04-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lukestar.|
- Official website
- Lukestar on Myspace
- Lukestar at Underhill Records
- Lukestar at Rock's My Ass Records
My Midnight Creeps
|Recipient of the Rock Spellemannprisen
John Olav Nilsen & Gjengen