Lukovit Municipality within Bulgaria and Lovech Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Lukovit|
|• Total||454.22 km2 (175.38 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Lukovit Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Луковит) is a municipality (obshtina) in Lovech Province, Central-North Bulgaria, located from the Fore-Balkan area to the southern parts of Danubian Plain. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Lukovit.
The municipality embraces a territory of 454.22 km² with a population of 19,469 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Lukovit Municipality includes the following 12 places (towns are shown in bold):
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades. Since 1992 Lukovit Municipality has comprised the former municipality of Dermantsi and the numbers in the table reflect this unification.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009 Archived 2010-11-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009 Archived 2010-11-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001[permanent dead link]
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Official website (in Bulgarian)