This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Owner:||Farkhad Akhmedov |
|Builder:||Lloyd Werft, Germany|
|Cost:||$545m USD (April 2010)|
|In service:||April 2010|
|Class and type:||Ice Class|
|Length:||115 m (377 ft)|
|Speed:||22.5 knots max speed, 18 knots cruising speed|
|Range:||9,000 nm at 16-18 knots|
|Boats & landing
|8 tenders & 2 lifeboats/VIP limousines|
|Aviation facilities:||2 MCA Helicopter pads with fire suppression system and full night time landing certification with on board helicopter landing/maintenance/fire team|
Size and cost
At 115 metres (377 ft) long, Luna is the world's second largest expedition yacht and 23rd largest luxury yacht. The yacht's cost has been estimated at over €400m euros (approx. US$545 million as of April 2010).
Luna was sold to Roman Abramovich's close friend, Farkhad Akhmedov, for $360 million U.S. dollars in April 2014. Akhmedov sent the yacht to Bremerhaven, Germany in October 2014 for an extensive refit of over $50m. The yacht was delivered in March 2016 after a 16 month extensive refit. 
- 10 VIP guest cabins over 100 square metres each, a 20 metre outdoor swimming pool, 9 decks and a large outdoor entertaining area. Luna is also equipped with 8 tenders, 1 mini-submarine and a crew of 50 persons.
- Luna and Eclipse have the only multipurpose custom made Lifeboats/Limousine in the world at a cost of over $4m each. They are capable of acting as VIP transport and being lifeboats at the same time.
- Fitted with an anti-missile system like Eclipse (yacht). All windows are bulletproof to VR9+ levels. The steel hull is over 17.5 cm thick. LRAD guns, bomb-resistant doors, FLIR. Anti drone system.
- 2 helipads rated over 7.5 tons capacity, which host Akhmedov's Eurocopter EC155 B1 and EC145 simultaneously. Registered M-LVNA and M-LUNA.
- 4 stabilizers: 2 quantum-stabilizers and 2 fin-stabilizers.
- 7 diesel-electric generators, providing a total output of over 15,000 hp.
- 1 stern thruster jet providing dynamic positioning within accuracy of 20 cm
- 1 million liter fuel tank (over 1,000 tons). Enabling a cruise of over 9,000 nm at economical speeds of 16-18 knots.
- "Superyacht Luna - Farkhad Akhmedov".
- "MY Luna 115m Delivered". SuperYachts.com. April 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- "M/Y Luna". superyachts.com. 12 June 2009. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- "Top 100 Largest Yachts". boatinternational.com. 16 December 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- "The Luna story: a refit redefined". www.superyachttimes.com. SuperYacht Times. Retrieved 2017-02-01.