This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2021)
|Products||Current: Acoustic guitars, bass guitars, mandolins, ukuleles, banjos, cajones, kalimbas|
|Parent||Armadillo Enterprises, Inc.|
Luna Guitars, commonly referred to simply as Luna, is a musical instrument company that manufactures string and percussion instruments. Its range of products include steel-string acoustic guitars, mandolins, ukuleles, cajones, kalimbas, and both acoustic and electric bass guitars. It is currently a subsidiary of Armadillo Enterprises, Inc.
Luna Guitars was established in 2005 by Yvonne de Villiers, a professional stained-glass artist. Their guitars feature artwork, henna designs, and other patterns including images of a dragon and phoenix. Guitars are built with slimmer necks and lighter bodies which not only appealed to female guitarists but have caught the attention of players from all backgrounds and skill levels.
Over the years, Luna added electric guitars, ukuleles and a variety of bluegrass instruments. Designs include laser-etched tattoo designs, high tide wave inlays made of abalone, and landscapes made from tropical woods.
In 2017, Luna introduced the percussion line featuring cajons with an adjustable snare. Luna cajons focused on enhancing three key elements of the performance: visual aesthetics, functionality, and comfort. Like the fretted instruments, the percussion line saw success and expanded, including additional models and instruments. In 2022, three Kalimbas were introduced to the line as a more relaxing instrument that serves different purposes, from mental health benefits to music.
Today, the Luna brand is known as a lifestyle brand, relatable to all players and skill levels, creating quality instruments at an affordable price. There are three main branches that complete the Luna brand: Luna Guitars, Luna Ukes, Luna Percussion, with Luna Guitars being the main and dominate logo. From artists such as Rick Springfield and The Warren Brothers to music departments in schools and charity organizations, there is something unique for everyone to play. Luna players are beginners as well as seasoned singer-songwriters and musicians.
- Gardner, Josh (2019-06-20). ""Gibson's claims are entirely baseless": Dean Guitars CEO responds to lawsuit". Guitar.com. Retrieved 2023-01-31.
- Koenig, Kate (2022-05-11). "Guitar Review: Luna's Vineyard Koa Bevel Folk Is a Versatile and Vibrant Acoustic-Electric". Acoustic Guitar Magazine. Retrieved 2023-01-31.
- "Over 45 Great Guitars for Under $600". Acoustic Guitar Magazine. 2014-12-03. Retrieved 2023-01-31.
- "Luna Guitars Rejuvenates Creative Spirit with Fauna Phoenix Acoustic-Electric Black". Guitar Girl Magazine. 2020-10-27. Retrieved 2023-01-31.
- "What's New for Luna Guitars for 2022". Guitar Girl Magazine. 2021-12-28. Retrieved 2023-01-31.
- "Luna Guitars Introduces Art Inspired Luna Percussion". Retrieved 2023-01-31.
- Hands-On: Luna Kalimbas – Luna’s Adam Gomes Discusses the Brand’s New Line, February 2022
- Inspiring to play like no one is watching at Luna Guitars, March 2022
- Rick Springfield Endorses the Luna Steel Magnolia Resonator Ahead of Launch, December 2018
- The Warren Brothers - Recorder Series | Luna Guitars, November 2018