|Directed by||Bakhtyar Khudojnazarov|
|Screenplay by||Bakhtyar Khudojnazarov|
|Produced by||Heinz Stussak|
|Music by||Daler Nazarov|
17-year-old Mamlakat lives with her father Safar and her disabled brother Nasreddin, in a village in Tajikistan. She is working in a small restaurant and dreams of becoming an actress. When a wandering theatre company enters the city, she misses the theatrical performance and wanders for a while. She chances upon an aircraft pilot, Yassir, who pretends to be an actor and friend of a famous American actor. He promises to help her become an actress, but instead seduces her while she is in a dream-like fantasy. He leaves the village immediately afterwards.
When she later discovers that she is pregnant, she has no idea how this happened and who the father is. Determined to preserve hers and their honour, her eccentric family sets out on a comic journey in order to find the father of Mamlakat's unborn child and to force him to marry her. During this journey - in an old car loaded with rabbits - they travel through Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan. The family meets various bandits and the charming impostor Alik, who poses as the seducer in the dark, and falls in love with Mamlakat.
- Chulpan Khamatova as Mamlakat
- Moritz Bleibtreu as Nasreddin
- Ato Mukhamedzhanov as Safar
- Merab Ninidze as Alik
- Polina Rajkina as Khabibula (voice only)
- Nikolay Fomenko as Yassir
- Dinmukhamet Akhimov as the gynaecologist
- Sherali Abdulkajsov as Akbar
- "Лунный папа". Encyclopedia of Russian Cinema. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "PANDORA FILM Produktion - LUNA PAPA". Retrieved 2017-05-28.
- "Призеры 1991-2005 гг". Kinotavr. Archived from the original on 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "2000". Russian Guild of Film Critics.