Lunch At Allen's
|Lunch At Allen's|
Lunch At Allen's is a band consisting of four Canadian artists of folk, country, and popular music. Their name comes from the fact that three of the four members—Marc Jordan, Murray McLauchlan, and Ian Thomas—would often meet for lunch at Allen's restaurant on Danforth Avenue in Toronto.
The band was formed in 2004 initially for a one-off, eight-city tour, but they have continued to write and perform since. McLauchlan, who had not played professionally in a while at the time of the band's formation, formed the band after being diagnosed with a heart issue requiring quadruple-bypass heart surgery. That year the group released a self-titled album. Catch the Moon followed in 2007, and More Lunch at Allen's in 2010. In 2012 they released a CD of holiday songs, Zuzu's Petals.
- Cindy Church (Guitar & Vocals)
- Marc Jordan (Guitar, Piano & Vocals)
- Murray McLauchlan (Guitar, Piano, Harmonica & Vocals)
- Ian Thomas (Guitar, Mandolin & Vocals)
Albums (CD and downloads)
- 2004 - Lunch At Allen's (EMI Canada)
- 2007 - Catch The Moon (EMI Canada)
- 2010 - More Lunch at Allen's (Linus Entertainment, Canada)
- 2012 - Zuzu's Petals: A Lunch At Allen's Christmas (Linus Entertainment, Canada)
- 2017 - If It Feels Right (Linus Entertainment, Canada)
- 2004 - Perfect World (EMI Canada)
- 2007 - What Kind of Love (EMI Canada)
- 2003 - Lunch At Allen's (EMI Canada)
- Baker, Lois Anne (2016-06-15). "Legends serve up Lunch at Allen's". Cornwall Standard Freeholder. Retrieved 2016-07-03.
- "A full musical meal found in Lunch at Allen's". Ottawa Citizen, Peter Robb, December 17, 2014
- Toms, Colleen (2016-06-07). "Kick back and relax with Lunch at Allen's". Brant News. Retrieved 2016-07-03.
- "Murray McLauchlan". The Canadian Encyclopedia, Steve McLean, revised byAndrew Mcintosh, published 08/14/2008
- ". Georgia Straight, Adrian Mack on December 5th, 2012
- "Marc Jordan always happy to make time for Lunch At Allen's". Mike Bell, Calgary Herald , October 17, 2016
- "Lunch At Allen’s (Murray McLauchlan, Cindy Church, Marc Jordan and Ian Thomas) Review". Fraser Valley News, Don Lehn June 21, 2017
- "Review – Lunch At Allen’s". Canada Beats, By Linda Heldman on June 26, 2017
- "SPILL ALBUM REVIEW: LUNCH AT ALLEN’S – IF IT FEELS RIGHT". Spill Magazone. by Aaron Badgley