Lundgaard & Tranberg
|Lundgaard & Tranberg Arkitekter|
|Key architects||Lene Tranberg|
|Significant works and honors|
|Buildings||Royal Danish Playhouse|
|Awards||6 RIBA European Awards|
Lundgaard & Tranberg Arkitekter is a Danish architectural firm, based in Copenhagen Denmark. It is most noted for the Tietgenkollegiet student housing in Ørestad from 2006 and the Royal Danish Playhouse on the Copenhagen harbourfront from 2008. Lundgaard & Tranberg has won RIBA European Awards three years in a row in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
Lundgaard & Tranberg was founded in 1983 by Boje Lundgaard and Lene Tranberg. In the 1990s, the firm gained a reputation as designers of heat & power plant and other technical facilities, while its breakthrough in the general public came in the mid-2000s with the Charlottehaven from residential project from 2004 and particularly the award-winning and highly celebrated designs for the Tietgenkollegiet student residences and a new building for the Royal Danish Theater. In 2004, just when the firm's major success set in, Boje Lundgaard departed, and Lene Tranberg continued the practice with a new partner group.
- Charlottehaven residences, Copenhagen (2004)
- Tietgenkollegiet, Ørestad, Copenhagen
- Kilen, Copenhagen Business School, Frederiksberg, Copenhagen (2007)
- Fyrtårnet residences, Copenhagen (2007)
- Royal Danish Playhouse, Copenhagen, (2008)
- residential buildings Havneholmen, Copenhagen (2009)
- SE Bank highrises, Copenhagen (2010)
- Sorø Art Museum, Sorø, Denmark (2011)
- Pier47, Langelinie, Copenhagen (2014)
- Sustainable office building, Langelinie, Copenhagen (competition win 2009)
- Tuborg Syd highrises, Hellerup, Copenhagen
- Garden pavilion, Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, Humlebæk, Denmark (competition win, January 2011)
- Minaret monument, Muscat, Oman (competition win, January 2011)
- Shipyard redevelopment, Helsinki, Finland (competition win, February 2011)
- Danish University Centre, Beijing, China (competition win, February 2011)
- Copenhagen Plant Science Centre, Frederiksberg Denmark (competition win, April 2011)
Awards and recognition
- Boje Lundgaard won the Nykredit Architecture Prize in 1995
- Lene Tranberg won the Nykredit Architecture Prize in 2005
- 2006 RIBA European Award for Kilen
- 2007 RIBA European Award for Tietgenkollegiet
- 2008 RIBA European Award for Royal Danish Playhouse
- 2011 RIBA European Award for Havneholmen Apartments
- 2011 RIBA European Award for SEB Bank
- 2013 RIBA EU Award for Sorø Art Museum
- 2013 MIPIM Award#MIPIM Awards for ulture Casbah (Best Future Project)
Tietgenkollegiet, Copenhagen (2005)
The Wedge, Copenhagen Business School (2006)
Royal Danish Playhouse, Copenhagen (2008)
Havneholmen housing (2009)
Office building, Langelinie, Copenhagen (2014)
- "RIBA European Awards". RIBA. Archived from the original on 2009-09-30. Retrieved 2009-09-21.
- "RIBA Awards 2007: UK". e-architects. Retrieved 2009-09-21.
- "Majestic Muscat' to enhance the quality of living". Oman Daily Observer. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Copenhagen Plant Science Centre" (PDF). University of Copenhagen. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- "Nykredit Architecture Prize". Nykredit website (in Danish). Copenhagen, Denmark: Nykredit Holding A/S. 2013. Archived from the original on 20 February 2010. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- "2011 RIBA European Awards". RIBA. Archived from the original on 2012-09-15. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "2013 RIBA National and EU Awards announced". RIBA. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "MIPIM Awards Winners 2013". ArchDaily. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lundgaard & Tranberg.|