Municipality of the District of Lunenburg
|Municipality of the District of Lunenburg|
Location of the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg
|Incorporated||April 17, 1879|
|• Type||Lunenburg Municipal Council|
|• Mayor||Carolyn Bolivar-Getson|
|• Deputy Mayor||Claudette Garland|
|• Land||1,759.59 km2 (679.38 sq mi)|
|• Change 2011-16||1.0%|
|• Census ranking||173 of 4,870|
|• Federal||South Shore—St. Margaret's|
|• Provincial||Lunenburg / Lunenburg West|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (AST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (ADT)|
|Median Income*||$45,088 CDN|
Lunenburg, officially named the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg, is a district municipality in Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Statistics Canada classifies the district municipality as a municipal district.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg recorded a population of 24,863 living in 11,010 of its 14,038 total private dwellings, a change of −1% from its 2011 population of 25,118. With a land area of 1,759.59 km2 (679.38 sq mi), it had a population density of 14.1/km2 ( 36.6/sq mi) in 2016.
- "Meet the Council". Municipality of the District of Lunenburg. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- 2011 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Lunenburg Municipal District, Nova Scotia
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Nova Scotia)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
- 2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Lunenburg Municipal District, Nova Scotia