Lung Leg (born Elisabeth Carr on July 8, 1963, in Minneapolis, Minnesota) is a pin-up girl and actress perhaps best known for appearing on the cover of the Sonic Youth album EVOL. During the 1980s, she gained fame as a model and star of films made by the transgressive movement.
Lung Leg appeared in several Richard Kern films, notably starring in one of his longest features, the 1985 film You Killed Me First, as well as appearing in Worm Movie (1985) and Fingered (1986). She also appeared in two music videos directed by Kern, "Concubine" (1984) by Butthole Surfers and Sonic Youth song "Death Valley '69" (1985).
After her film career in the 1980s, Lung Leg left the public sphere for several years. Nick Zedd wrote in his autobiography, Totem of the Depraved, that she relocated to Minneapolis, then moved back to New York City after a short romance with German musician Blixa Bargeld of Einstürzende Neubauten and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.
She resumed her film career in 2005, appearing in the Mike Etoll film Sewer Baby. In it, she played a bartender dealing with Tiny Tim, various monsters, special effects and a primordial dwarf. In 2011, Lung Leg appeared in The Hagstone Demon, a film directed by Jon Springer.
The only known interview with her, in Film Threat's "Film Threat Classic #12", is out of print.
- http://www.birthdatabase.com/query.php Birthdatebase.com
- Hallock, Chris. "Interview with The Hagstone Demon director Jon Springer". Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- IMDB Blank City (2010)
- Lung Leg at the Internet Movie Database
- Film Threat A synopsis of "Film Threat Classic #12", which featured the only known Lung Leg interview.
- Official Sewer Baby trailer on YouTube – The official trailer for Mike Etoll's Sewer Baby, featuring Lung Leg.
- Crepuscular Planet WCCO 4! – A goofy prank played live and on the air during a Minneapolis news broadcast in 2002, featuring Lung Leg, Mike Etoll and others.