Lunghwa University of Science and Technology
Motto in English
|Diligence, Dedication, Honesty, and Simplicity|
|Type||Vocational/Technical education, Science and technology education|
Upgraded in 1998
Renamed in 2001
|250 (2011Y December)|
|Location||33306, NO. 300, Sec. 1, Wanshou Rd., Guishan District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan, R.O.C., Republic of China|
|Campus||Urban and Suburban|
|Lunghwa University of Science and Technology|
Lunghwa University of Science and Technology (LHU; Chinese: 龍華科技大學) is a private university of science and technology in the Taiwanese vocational education system, originally based in Guishan District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan.
As its spirit of fundamental of initial creation in its school song, "a technical skill can be valued unlimitedly; both hands can be creating infinitely for country." The LHU is a multi-technology institution that has a good open-mined system and universal spirit of root cause studying architecture among structured cells.
Popular undergraduate majors at LHU include electronics, business, mechanic, engineering, finance, philology, international business, industrial management, multi-media and gaming science, tourism and leisure science and computer science. Popular fields of study among graduate students include electronics, engineering, computer science and finance. LHU claims to provide HTC, TSMC, UMC and other famous firms with more engineering, computer science and business graduates than any other college or university, and philanthropic support of LHU is among the highest in the Taiwanese vocational education system and technical education system.
Colleges and departments
There are three colleges at LHU.
College of Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronic Engineering
- Department of Computer Information and Network Engineering
College of Management
- Department of International Business
- Department of Finance
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Information Management
- Department of Industrial Management
College of Humanities and Design
- Department of Applied Foreign Languages
- Department of Multimedia and Game Science
- Department of Cultural Creativity and Digital Media Design
- Department of Tourism and Recreation
Sister schools of Lunghwa include:
- Chan I-hua – performed self-immolation on May 19, 1989 when the funeral procession of fellow activist Cheng Nan-jung (who had similarly immolated himself) was blocked by the police in front of the Presidential Office Building in Taipei on what is now called Ketagalan Boulevard.
- Chi Po-lin – photographer and film director
- Motto in English, Educationcal Beliefs by Tao-Heng Sun Archived February 22, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Established, Overview Archived February 22, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Office of President (Jun 1, 2009) Archived January 11, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- List of Sister Universities Archived February 22, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Lunghwa University of Science and Technology website (in Taiwanese Mandarin)
- Lunghwa University of Science and Technology website (in English)