Lupin the 3rd Part IV: The Italian Adventure
|Lupin the 3rd Part IV:|
The Italian Adventure
|ルパン三世 PART IV|
(Rupan Sansei Pāto Fō)
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Kazuhide Tomonaga (Chief director)|
|Produced by||Yu Kiyozono|
|Written by||Yūya Takahashi|
|Music by||Yuji Ohno (Japanese version)|
Papik (International version)
|Studio||Telecom Animation Film|
|Original network||Italia 1 (Italy)|
|Original run||August 30, 2015 – November 30, 2015 (Italy)|
October 1, 2015 – March 17, 2016 (Japan)
Lupin the 3rd Part IV: The Italian Adventure, known in Japan as simply Lupin III Part IV (ルパン三世 PART IV Rupan Sansei Pāto Fō), is an Italian/Japanese anime television series produced by TMS Entertainment. It is the fifth anime adaptation of the Lupin III series created by Monkey Punch.
|Arsène Lupin III||Kanichi Kurita||Tony Oliver|
|Daisuke Jigen||Kiyoshi Kobayashi||Richard Epcar|
|Goemon Ishikawa XIII||Daisuke Namikawa||Lex Lang|
|Fujiko Mine||Miyuki Sawashiro||Michelle Ruff|
|Inspector Koichi Zenigata||Kōichi Yamadera||Doug Erholtz|
|Rebecca Rossellini||Yukiyo Fujii||Cassandra Lee Morris|
|Justin Person (Agent Nyx)||Shunsuke Sakuya||Michael McConnohie|
|Robson Zuccoli||Jin Yamanoi||Neil Kaplan|
|Kou Uraga||Eiji Hanawa||Robbie Daymond|
|Percival Gibbons||Shinshū Fuji||JB Blanc|
|Leonardo da Vinci||Kazuhiko Inoue||Jamieson K. Price|
A manga adaptation by Naoya Hayakawa began publication on December 28, 2015. Titled Lupin the Third Italiano (ルパン三世 ITALIANO Rupan Sansei Itariāno), four volumes have been published by Futabasha as of November 28, 2016.
The series received its world premiere in Italy on August 30, 2015 on the Italia 1 and Italia 1 HD channels, and a preview screening at Concordia theater in San Marino on August 29, 2015. The Japanese premiere was on October 1, 2015 on NTV and the series was made available on the J:Com and Hulu services in Japan on October 21. It ran for 26 episodes in Italy and 24 episodes in Japan. The opening theme for the Italian version of the series, "Lupin, un ladro in vacanza" (Lupin, a thief on holiday) is performed by Italian talent show hip-hop singer Moreno featuring Italian anime and cartoons themes veteran Giorgio Vanni. The opening theme for the Japanese version of the series "Theme from Lupin III 2015" is composed by Yuji Ohno and performed by You & The Explosion Band. The ending theme for the Japanese version of the series "I Won't Love You if You Don't Say It Right" (ちゃんと言わなきゃ愛さない Chanto Iwanakya Aisanai) is performed by Enka singer Sayuri Ishikawa and features lyrics written by Tsunku. It was released as a single with additional tracks in Japan on October 1, 2015.
The series was released across DVD and Blu-Ray releases by VAP in Japan between 23 December 2015 and 20 July 2016. Crunchyroll began streaming the series as Lupin the Third - Part 4 on January 7, 2016. All episode previously broadcast in Japan were added at the same time. The series has been licensed by Anime Limited for the UK market and by Discotek Media for the North American market. The dub, which was directed by Richard Epcar and Ellyn Stern, started airing in the United States on Adult Swim's Toonami block started on June 17, 2017 and concluded on January 20, 2018. On March 23, 2018, Discotek announced that they have released the English Version on Blu-ray on May 29, 2018, and on DVD on June 26, 2018, then they have released the Japanese Version on Blu-ray on April 30, 2019. The reasoning for the split is because of TMS' request to separate the releases due to the dub being an adaption for the Italian version.
The series was announced at Mipcom in Cannes, France in October 2014 to be broadcast in spring 2015 in Italy, but was delayed to August. The series was produced by Telecom Animation Film, with franchise veteran Kazuhide Tomonaga serving as chief director and Yoichiro Yane directing with scripts by Yūya Takahashi. Yuji Ohno returned as series composer. Tomonaga's aim was to mix the opposing elements of the franchise and combine them into a series that is both hardboiled and comical, realistic and fantastical.
Daryl Surrat of Otaku USA magazine refers to Part 4 as the "grand unification of Lupin styles" due to combining elements from several different eras of the franchise; "a bit dangerous like the originals, a bit silly like the 1980s 'pink jacket' Lupin, a bit bizarre like The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, a bit 'gentleman thief with a heart of gold' like Hayao Miyazaki's Cagliostro interpretation."
- "Lupin The 3rd Part4". Funimation. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-10-04. Retrieved 2015-10-02.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "VAP ルパン三世連動購入キャンペーン" (in Japanese). VAP. Retrieved July 8, 2018.
- "Discotek Licenses Lupin III: Part IV for 2017 Release With English Dub". Anime News Network. November 1, 2016. Archived from the original on November 2, 2016. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "ルパン三世 ITALIANO 1" (in Japanese). Futabasha. Archived from the original on February 2, 2017. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "ルパン三世 ITALIANO 4" (in Japanese). Futabasha. Archived from the original on February 2, 2017. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "Lupin III - L'avventura italiana". RTI Mediaset. August 15, 2015. Archived from the original on September 19, 2015. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- "LUPIN III presto al CONCORDIA con ben 2 episodi MADE in RSM". RTV San Marino. August 21, 2015. Archived from the original on September 23, 2015. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "On Air". TMS Entertainment. Archived from the original on October 15, 2015. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- Beveridge, Chris (October 22, 2015). "Lupin the 3rd Part Four' Anime Begins Hulu Distribution… In Japan". Fandom Post. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- "Lupin, un ladro in vacanza - Single". Apple iTunes. August 28, 2015. Archived from the original on October 4, 2015. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- "2015 Lupin III TV Anime's New Video, Ending Theme Revealed". Anime News Network. August 26, 2015. Archived from the original on November 25, 2015. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- "「ルパン三世」待望の新シリーズのBlu-ray&DVDが2015年12月23日より全8巻、順次発売決定！". Animate.tv. October 1, 2015. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- "Crunchyroll to Simulcast Lupin III Part 4 Anime". Anime News Network. December 28, 2015. Archived from the original on January 1, 2016. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Anime Limited Updates from MCM London Comic Con (Updated 3)". Anime News Network. May 29, 2016. Archived from the original on September 7, 2016. Retrieved May 30, 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-05-20. Retrieved 2017-05-19.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-07-01. Retrieved 2017-07-01.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "New Lupin III Anime to Premiere This Fall With Original Composer (Update)". Anime News Network. April 20, 2015. Archived from the original on November 5, 2015. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- Surat, Daryl (June 18, 2016). "A Look at Lupin the Third, Anime's Greatest Thief". Archived from the original on June 22, 2016. Retrieved June 20, 2016.