Lush Life (Linda Ronstadt album)
|Studio album by Linda Ronstadt|
|Recorded||The Complex, Los Angeles, California, August 24 - October 5, 1984|
|Genre||Jazz, big band, traditional pop standards|
|Linda Ronstadt chronology|
Lush Life is an album by American singer/songwriter/producer Linda Ronstadt, released in late 1984. It was the second in a trilogy of jazz albums with bandleader/arranger Nelson Riddle. John Kosh designed the album covers for all 3 albums.
It peaked at #13 on the Billboard album chart and was certified platinum in just several weeks, becoming Ronstadt's record tenth million-selling platinum album overall. It climbed to #3 on the Jazz albums chart and also earned Linda a Grammy Award nomination for Best Pop Vocal Performance Female alongside Madonna, Tina Turner, Pat Benatar and Whitney Houston.
All tracks also included in the compilation "'Round Midnight", released on Asylum Records in 1986.
This album is currently available through Apple Music and iTunes.
|1.||"When I Fall in Love"||Edward Heyman, Victor Young||2:20|
|2.||"Skylark"||Hoagy Carmichael, Johnny Mercer||3:07|
|3.||"It Never Entered My Mind"||Lorenz Hart, Richard Rodgers||4:22|
|4.||"Mean to Me"||Fred E. Ahlert, Roy Turk||4:09|
|5.||"When Your Lover Has Gone"||Einar Aaron Swan||4:18|
|6.||"I'm a Fool to Want You"||Joel Herron, Frank Sinatra, Jack Wolf||4:45|
|7.||"You Took Advantage of Me"||Lorenz Hart, Richard Rodgers||2:21|
|8.||"Sophisticated Lady"||Duke Ellington, Irving Mills, Mitchell Parish||3:40|
|9.||"Can't We Be Friends?"||Paul James, Kay Swift||2:28|
|10.||"My Old Flame"||Sam Coslow, Arthur Johnston||3:33|
|11.||"Falling in Love Again"||Friedrich Hollaender, Sammy Lerner||2:35|
|12.||"Lush Life"||Billy Strayhorn||3:51|
- Linda Ronstadt - vocals
- Nelson Riddle - conductor, arrangements
- Bob Mann - guitar
- Bob Magnusson - bass
- Don Grolnick - piano
- John Guerin - drums
- David Frisina - concertmaster; violin on "When Your Lover Has Gone"
- Tommy Morgan - harmonica on "Skylark"
- Tony Terran - trumpet on "Mean to Me"
- Plas Johnson - tenor saxophone on "When Your Lover Has Gone", "You Took Advantage of Me" and "Sophisticated Lady"
- Louis Bellson - drums on "You Took Advantage of Me" and "Can't We Be Friends"
- Oscar Brashear - trumpet on "Can't We Be Friends"
- Chauncey Welsh - trombone on "My Old Flame"
- George Massenburg - recorder, mixing