|Comune di Lusiana|
|Province / Metropolitan city||Vicenza (VI)|
|Frazioni||Campana, Laverda, Santa Caterina, Valle di Sotto, Velo, Vitarolo|
|• Total||34 km2 (13 sq mi)|
|Elevation||752 m (2,467 ft)|
|Population (1 July 2008)|
|• Density||83/km2 (220/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||San Giacomo il Maggiore|
|Saint day||25 July|
Lusiana (Cimbrian / German: Lusaan) is a small town in the province of Vicenza, Veneto, Italy. It is west of SP72. Lusiana had an estimated population of 2,926. This village is situated at about 750 metres (2,460 ft) above sea level on the Asiago plateau.
The small town is the birthplace of Sonia Gandhi, widow of Rajiv Gandhi, the former Prime Minister of India. As of 2007[update], she was named the third most powerful woman in the world by Forbes magazine in the year 2004 and currently ranks 6th.. Sonia Gandhi was born in a small quarter ("contrà" in Venetian Language) called “Màini” where families with the family name “Màino” have been living for many generations.
- All demographics and other statistics from the Italian statistical institute (Istat)
- "The World Gazetteer". Archived from the original on 9 February 2013. Retrieved 2007-02-21.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-03-31. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
- File:Sonia Gandhi birthplace.JPG
- *  (from "The Newspaper of Vicenza", year 2004: un article about Lusiana and Sonia Gandhi with an other picture of her native house.)
|This article on a location in Veneto is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|