Lust in the Dust
For the 1946 film nicknamed "Lust in the Dust", see Duel in the Sun.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Lust in the Dust|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Paul Bartel|
|Written by||Philip John Taylor|
|Music by||Peter Matz|
|Edited by||Alan Toomayan|
Fox Run Productions
|Distributed by||New World Pictures|
|March 1, 1985|
Dance-hall girl Rosie Velez (Divine), lost in the desert, is helped to safety by gunman Abel Wood (Tab Hunter). In the town of Chili Verde, at the saloon of Marguerita Ventura (Lainie Kazan), word of a treasure in gold brings Abel into conflict with outlaw Hard Case Williams (Geoffrey Lewis) and his gang.
- Tab Hunter as Abel Wood
- Divine as Rosie Velez
- Lainie Kazan as Marguerita Ventura
- Cesar Romero as Father Garcia
- Geoffrey Lewis as Hard Case Williams
- Henry Silva as Bernardo
- Courtney Gains as Red Dick Barker
- Gina Gallego as Ninfa
- Nedra Volz as Big Ed
- Woody Strode as Blackman, Hard Case Gang
- Pedro Gonzalez Gonzalez as Mexican, Hard Case Gang
- John Waters was asked to direct, but refused because he did not write the script.
- Edith Massey was cast in the role of Big Ed, but died shortly after her screen test. Paul Bartel was uneasy about having her in the film because he thought it would look too much like a John Waters film without John Waters.
- The role for Lainie Kazan was originally set for Chita Rivera.
- All songs composed by Karen Hart
- "Tarnished Tumbleweed" – Mike Stull
- "These Lips Were Made for Kissin'" – Divine
- "South of My Border" – Lainie Kazan
The film was positively reviewed and was a moderate box office success.
- Hart, Karen. "Karen Hart Music". Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- Lust in the Dust on IMDb
- Lust in the Dust at AllMovie
- Lust in the Dust at Rotten Tomatoes
- Lust in the Dust at Box Office Mojo
|This 1980s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|