|• Total||2.26 km2 (0.87 sq mi)|
|Elevation||538 m (1,765 ft)|
|Population (Dec 2016)|
|• Density||550/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Eggersriet (SG), Heiden, Rheineck (SG), Rorschacherberg (SG), Sankt Margrethen (SG), Thal (SG), Walzenhausen, Wolfhalden|
Lutzenberg is first mentioned in 1634 as Lutzenberg.
The municipality is located in the former District of Vorderland. It is the smallest municipality in the Canton, is the only municipality without a church and it consists of two physically separated sections. It consists of the two separated hamlets of Haufen-Brenden and Wienacht-Tobel, as well as scattered farm houses.
Lutzenberg has a population (as of 2008[update]) of 1,229, of which about 13.2% are foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 1.3%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (91.7%), with English being second most common ( 1.9%) and Albanian being third ( 1.4%).
As of 2000[update], the gender distribution of the population was 52.7% male and 47.3% female. The age distribution, as of 2000[update], in Lutzenberg is; 97 people or 7.3% of the population are between 0–6 years old. 178 people or 13.5% are 6-15, and 78 people or 5.9% are 16-19. Of the adult population, 87 people or 6.6% of the population are between 20–24 years old. 433 people or 32.7% are 25-44, and 272 people or 20.6% are 45-64. The senior population distribution is 128 people or 9.7% of the population are between 65–79 years old, and 50 people or 3.8% are over 80.
The entire Swiss population is generally well educated. In Lutzenberg about 71.5% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule).
Lutzenberg has an unemployment rate of 1.82%. As of 2005[update], there were 37 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 14 businesses involved in this sector. 78 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 16 businesses in this sector. 191 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 49 businesses in this sector.
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - STAT-TAB, online database – Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit (in German) accessed 30 August 2017
- Swiss inventory of cultural property of national and regional significance (1995), p. 55.
- Lutzenberg in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office Archived 2016-01-05 at the Wayback Machine. accessed 16-Sep-2009
- Brief Statistics for the half-canton Archived 2011-06-12 at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 15 September 2009
- Appenzell Outer Rhodes website Archived 2009-09-13 at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 15 September 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lutzenberg.|