Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana
|Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sameer Sharma|
Siddharth Roy Kapur
Kunal Kapoor |
|Music by||Amit Trivedi|
|Distributed by||UTV Motion Pictures|
|Budget||₹3.00 crore (US$420,000)|
₹10.5 crore (US$1.5 million)|
Omi Khurana’s London dream has just ended. On the run from a dangerous UK gangster to whom he owes money, Omi returns to his native village in Punjab, pretending to be a well-heeled London lawyer. Much has changed since Omi ran away from home a decade back after stealing money from his doting grandfather, Daarji. The old man has since become senile and more importantly, forgotten the secret recipe of "Chicken Khurana," a dish that made the Khurana dhaba (restaurant) famous across Punjab. Omi’s childhood sweetheart Harman is soon to be married to his cousin, Jeet, though neither seems too happy about it. Adding to the quirkiness of the Khurana family is a freeloader uncle, Titu, who once did a stint at a mental asylum. Omi's grandfather has a cousin sister who ran away from home at an early age and is now a saint. When his grandfather dies on his last visit to his restaurant, Omi tries to restore their family restaurant with Harman's help. While working in the restaurant, the two reconcile and start to have feelings for each other. Meanwhile, Omi discovers the secret ingredient from his grandfather's famous chicken recipe was a narcotic herbal medicine but keeps it a secret. When the family comes together, Jeet surprises everybody by revealing his love for a Bengali war-widow, Shama, and his secret daughter with her. Omi and Harman decide to get married. In the end, the whole family seems happy and celebrating when the gangster from whom Omi is hiding comes looking for him and is revealed to be Titu's long-lost friend.
- Kunal Kapoor as Omi
- Huma Qureshi as Harman
- Vinod Nagpal as Daarji
- Rajesh Sharma as Titu Mama
- Rahul Bagga as Jeet Khurana
- Dolly Ahluwalia as Bua Ji
- Rajendra Sethi as Chacha Ji
- Seema Kaushal as Chachi Ji
- Mukesh Chhabra as Lovely (Harman's brother)
- Anangsha Biswas as Shama Chatterjee
- Anjum Batra as Dalidri
- Vipin Sharma as Kehar Singh
- Manish Makhija as Shanty
- Herry Tangri (Actor) as Manty
- Nimrat Kaur as Muskaan Khurana (Cameo)
- (omi boy small) as Vicky Kaushal
- (amit jalali) as Amit
- (Tima) as Harvard lady
|Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana|
|Soundtrack album to Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana by Amit Trivedi|
Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Amit Trivedi, Ronnie Screwvala, Siddharth Roy Kapur|
|1.||"Kikli Kalerdi"||Amit Trivedi, Pinky Maidasani, Yo Yo Honey Singh|
|2.||"Motorwada"||Tochi Raina, Amit Trivedi|
|3.||"Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana"||Shahid Mallya, Harshdeep Kaur|
|4.||"Luni Hasi (Female)"||Harshdeep Kaur|
|6.||"Farukha Baadi"||Labh Janjua, Amit Trivedi, Chorus|
|7.||"Theme (Instrumental)"||Tapas Roy|
|8.||"Luni Hasi (Male)"||Devender Pal Singh|
|9.||"Kikli Kalerdi (Punjabi version)"||Amit Trivedi, Pinky Maidasani|
Musicperk.com rated the album 7/10 quoting "Amit Trivedi's experiments are back".
Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana received positive reviews. Trisha Gupta on Firstpost.com called it joyfully irreverent without ever feeling flippant: " a version of rural Punjab that is somehow quieter, gentler, sadder and yet funnier than those that have gone before". Madhureeta Mukherjee of Times of India gave it 3.5 stars. "This isn't the perfect chicken recipe for your soul, but never mind, it's the simplicity of emotions that fill you up, leaving a good after-taste." said ToI. Rediff Movies said "Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana is a lovely story, with plenty of Punjab ka tadka." and gave it 3.5 stars. Roshni Devi of Koimoi gave it 3 stars. "Watch Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana for some real Punjabi fun, laughs and touching moments." wrote Roshni Devi. Social Movie Rating site MOZVO gave it a rating of 3.4 putting it in 'Average' category. Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave it 3.5 stars. Aniruddha Guha of DNA gave it 3 stars. Anupama Chopra from the Hindustan Times gave it 3/5 stars,saying "There is fun to be had here-just have some patience. After all,where else will you see a family having an animated conversation about 'kacchas'".
Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana nett grossed ₹1.25 crore (US$170,000) on the first day in India. By Tuesday the box office collection increased to about ₹6.25 crore (US$870,000). The run ended with ₹10.5 crore (US$1.5 million) and the film was declared hit
Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana grossed around $225,000 overseas in 1st weekend.
- "News on HT". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 18 January 2012. Retrieved Jan 2012. Check date values in:
- "Movie details". Movie talkies. Retrieved Jan 2012. Check date values in:
- "Cast & crew". Bollywood hungama. Retrieved Jan 2012. Check date values in:
- Hema Vaishnavi. "Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana | Musicperk - Trending news, analysis, reviews, ratings and exclusive content for music". Musicperk. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana". Times of India.
- "Review: Chicken Khurana is one tasty dish!". Rediff. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- "Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana Review". koimoi.com.
- "Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana Review". MOZVO. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- "Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- "Review: Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana lacks the required salt". DNA India. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- "Anupama Chopra's review: Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 20 April 2013. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- "» Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana reviews Movie reviews by rajeev masand,Taran adarsh bollywood hungama,anupam chopra hindustan times boxoffice collection". Bollywood-movie-review.com. Archived from the original on 7 September 2013. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "New Releases Dull Student Of The Year Heading For $2.25 Million Close". Box Office India.com. 7 November 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2012.