Lux Capital is a venture capital firm founded by Peter Hébert, Robert Paull, and Josh Wolfe in 2000 . The firm, based in New York City with an office in Menlo Park, invests in emerging technologies in the physical and life sciences.
|Headquarters||New York, NY, Menlo Park, CA, United States|
Lux Capital is a venture firm based in New York City and Silicon Valley investing in counter-conventional, seed and early stage science and technology ventures. The firm manages $700 million in assets across four funds. Lux founded strategic holdings in media, research and policy as proprietary sources of intelligence, access and influence – ensuring that portfolio companies are better connected, have deeper insight, and command industry leadership faster than their competition.The Lux Capital team has built more than 20 companies from scratch.
In April 2011, former McKinsey Senior Partner Richard N. Foster and former CIA Director James Woolsey joined Lux Capital as venture partners. In August 2012, former Pfizer Chairman and CEO Jeff Kindler joined Lux Capital as a venture partner.
|This section does not cite any sources. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- BrightSky Labs
- CloudMedx Inc
- Cerulean Pharma [NASDAQ:CERU]
- Crystal IS
- CyPhy Works
- Everspin Technologies
- Genocea Biosciences [NASDAQ:GNCA]
- Halo Neuroscience
- Kala Pharmaceuticals
- Orbital Insight
- Planet Labs
- Nervana Systems
- Scaled Inference
- Siluria Technologies
- Fickenscher, Lisa (2003). "2003 40 Under 40". Crain's New York Business. Jan 27 - Feb 2, 2003: 15–31. ISSN 8756-789X. OCLC 11620213.
- Eden, Scott (2009). "Nano Wunderkinds". Dealmaker. December/January 2009: 35–37. ISSN 1937-304X. OCLC 132936538.
- Kosoff, Maya (2 April 2015). "Venture firm Lux just got $350 million more to invests in robots, the future, and science". Business Insider. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- de la Merced, Michael (2 April 2015). "Lux Capital Raises $350 Million Fund to Back Science Start-Ups". New York Times. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "Our Story". Lux Website. 14 June 2015.
- "James Woolsey and Richard Foster Join Lux Capital as Venture Partners". Business Wire. 26 April 2011.
- "Kindler, Former Pfizer Chief, Joins Lux Capital". Dealbook. 8 August 2012.
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|