This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Headquarters||Santa Monica, CA|
|United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, China, Hong Kong|
Luxe Link is a fashion accessory, or purse hook, that hangs women’s purses to keep them off the floor. The company was founded by American entrepreneur Kalika Yap, who also holds the patent for inventing the Luxe Link. Luxe Link sells its line of purse hooks online through its website and at retail in the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and China.
Kalika Yap first got the idea for Luxe Link in 2004 while eating dinner in Italy when she placed her purse on the table to avoid placing it on the floor. The restaurant owner gave her a metal purse hook instead to allow her to hang the purse on the table, and she got the idea to create something more fashionable for women to hang their purses.
In 2005, she researched the market, finding that there were already purse hooks sold in the U.S., but realized she could improve the design. With a team of designers, she created the Luxe Link, designing it to be a charm that hangs on a purse strap that doubles as a purse hanger when needed.
On February 19, 2013, Luxe Link announced a $350,000 settlement of its patent-infringement lawsuit against online retailer Provide Commerce Inc. Luxe Link filed the lawsuit in U.S. Federal District Court in Los Angeles in 2012, accusing Provide Commerce of selling patent-infringing purse hooks on RedEnvelope.com. As part of the settlement, Provide Commerce began selling Luxe Link exclusively on RedEnvelope.
- "Purse Hanger | Purse Hooks | Handbag Holder". LuxeLink.com. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- "Patents by Inventor Kalika N. Yap - Justia Patents Database". Patents.justia.com. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- "About | Purse Hanger for Tables | Bag Holder | Purse Hook". LuxeLink.com. Archived from the original on 2015-02-19. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- Celeste Hoang (2008-06-01). "Purse Charming". Entrepreneur.com. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- Kam, Nadine (2007-09-20). "starbulletin.com | Features | /2007/09/20/". Archives.starbulletin.com. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- "Patent Business: Deals, Settlements, Licenses for February 2013". Ipwatchdog.com. 2013-03-01. Retrieved 2015-04-10.