|Public (OSE: LUX)|
Luxo ASA is a Norwegian manufacturer of lamps. Based in Oslo, it has sales throughout Europe and North America, with production plants in Norway, Sweden and California, United States. The company was founded in 1934 and was listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
In 1937, Jac Jacobsen, the founder of Luxo, invented the Luxo L-1 lamp, which was the inspiration for the 1986 animated short film, Luxo Jr., by Pixar. The short subsequently became the subject of a lawsuit from Luxo.
- "Company Overview of Luxo ASA". Businessweek. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- Luxo. "Story". Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "The L-1 Story". Luxo. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- Pixar Animation Studios tale of Luxo Jr.
- "Pixar's Animated Desk Lamp Triggers Lampmaker Lawsuit (Update1)". Bloomberg. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "Luxo lawsuit settled [UPDATE]". Big Screen Animation. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
|This Norwegian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|