September 15, 1938
|Occupation||Writer, prolific translator|
|Spouse(s)||Celso Luft (1963-1985, 1992-1995) |
Hélio Pellegrino (1985-1988)
Lya Fett Luft (born September 15, 1938) is a Brazilian writer and a prolific translator, working mostly in the English-Portuguese and the German-Portuguese language combinations.
Luft's hometown, Santa Cruz do Sul is peculiar because it was largely settled by German-speaking immigrants, starting in the first half of the 19th century. The city still has a notable percentage of the population who speaks both German and Portuguese. Lya Luft grew up in such a bilingual environment.
Lya Luft's works have been translated into other European languages, like German, English and Italian, etc.
The English translation by Michael Wolfers of Losses and Gains (Perdas e Ganhos) was published for the first time in the UK by Vermilion in June 2007.
Works she produced in Portuguese:
- Canções de Limiar, 1964
- Flauta Doce, 1972
- Matéria do Cotidiano, 1978
- As Parceiras, 1980
- A Asa Esquerda do Anjo, 1981
- Reunião de Família, 1982
- O Quarto Fechado, 1984
- Mulher no Palco, 1984
- Exílio, 1987
- O Lado Fatal, 1989
- O Rio do Meio, 1996
- Secreta Mirada, 1997
- O Ponto Cego, 1999
- Histórias do Tempo, 2000
- Mar de dentro, 2000
- Perdas e Ganhos, 2003
- Histórias de Bruxa Boa, 2004
- Pensar é Transgredir, 2004
- Para não Dizer Adeus, 2005
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Lya Luft|
- Entrevista com Lya F. Luft por Stella Máris Valenzuela. Site in Portuguese. Accessed on November 4, 2005.
- Gezeiten des Glücks: Ein erfülltes Leben, Lya Luft. Site in German. Accessed on November 4, 2005.
- L’ALA SINISTRA DELL’ANGELO, a novel by Lya Luft. This site in Italian, was accessed on December 23, 2005.
- Lya Luft: "A cultura alemã me influenciou muito". Site in Portuguese, accessed on July 2, 2006.
|This article about a Brazilian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|