|Region||Central Region of Uganda|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Lyantonde is approximately 75 kilometres (47 mi), by road, west of Masaka, the nearest large city, on the all-weather highway between Masaka and Mbarara. This is approximately 220 kilometres (140 mi), by road, south-west of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda. The coordinates of the town are 00 24 25S, 31 09 27E (Latitude: -0.4070; Longitude:31.1575).
In 2002, the national population census estimated the population of the town to be 7,500. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 8,700. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 8,900.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or near the town edges:
- The headquarters of Lyantonde District Administration
- Lyantonde General Hospital, a 100-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Offices of Lyantonde Town Council
- Lyantonde central market
- Masaka-Mbarara Road, which passes through the middle of town in a general east/west direction
- Salaama Vocational Education Centre (SVEC).
- "Distance Between Masaka And Lyantonde With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Lyantonde With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Google (16 July 2015). "Location of Lyantonde at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- UBOS. "Estimated Population of Lyantonde In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Ssali, Michael (7 January 2015). "Lyantonde's Response to the AIDS Scourge". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 25 June 2016.