Lyaskovets Municipality within Bulgaria and Veliko Tarnovo Province.
|Province (Oblast)||Veliko Tarnovo|
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Lyaskovets|
|• Total||117.54 km2 (45.38 sq mi)|
|• Density||120/km2 (300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Lyaskovets Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Лясковец) is a municipality (obshtina) in Veliko Tarnovo Province, Central-North Bulgaria, located in the transition between the Danubian Plain and the area of the so-called Fore-Balkan. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Lyaskovets.
The municipality embraces a territory of 117.54 km² with a population of 13,677 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Lyaskovets Municipality includes the following 6 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Dobri Dyal||Добри дял||1,168|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the latest Bulgarian census of 2011, the religious composition, among those who answered the optional question on religious identification, was the following:
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009 Archived 2010-11-13 at the Wayback Machine
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009 Archived 2010-11-13 at the Wayback Machine
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001[permanent dead link]
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Religious composition of Bulgaria 2011". pop-stat.mashke.org.
- Official website (in Bulgarian)