This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018)
|Lycée Franco-Libanais Nahr Ibrahim|
B.P. 9589 Jounieh
|Founder||Mission laïque française|
|Grades||Preschool - 12th Grade|
|Language||French, Arabic, English, Spanish|
Ministry of Education (Lebanon)
Ministère de l'Éducation nationale (France)
|Affiliation||Mission laïque française|
|Exam Preparation||French national diploma, Brevet Libanais, Baccalauréat Francais|
|Language Certifications||French (DELF), English (Cambridge English)|
The Lycée Franco-Libanais Nahr Ibrahim, LFLNI or LNI is a prestigious French primary and secondary school located in Nahr Ibrahim, Lebanon, founded in 1992 by the Mission laïque française. The location of the school overlooks the "Abraham River", (Nahr Ibrahim in Arabic) on a cliff facing the sea.
Design and history
The school consists of three buildings, A and B for grade 6 to grade 12 and one for grade 1 to grade 5, all of which made from concrete. In 1992, a parents' committee and the Mission laïque française agreed to establish the school on a partially-built site in Al-Maayssra whose owner was planning to establish a school in building A. In 1994, high school students began attending school in the newly opened building B. In 2002, a gymnasium and sports field were added to the complex, and in 2004, a fully equipped two-story science laboratory was added.
The school caters for some 1,500 pupils between the ages of 3 and 18 and teaches predominantly in French, but the school teaches English, Arabic and Spanish as well. Its curriculum and management are overseen by the French National Ministry of Education through the Agency for the Teaching of French Abroad (AEFE). In 2009–2010, 1132 pupils at the lycée were Lebanese, 331 were French, and 14 pupils from other nationalities.
- Agency for French Education Abroad
- Education in France
- International school
- List of international schools
- Mission laïque française
- Nahr Ibrahim
- Deberre, Jean-Christophe (publication manager); Bur, Michel (editorial manager); Buclon, Aude (coordination); Oukkal, Alexis (graphic design) (2017). "Directory of schools - Mission laïque française OSUI 2017/2018" (PDF). Annuaire des Établissements. Mission laïque française: 131. ISSN 2260-8605.
- Thévenin, André (2002). La Mission laïque française à travers son histoire : 1902-2002 (PDF) (in French). Mission laïque française. p. 236.
- Lemaître, Aurélie (14 April 2018). "Mission laïque française : La laïcité comme pédagogie". Ouest-France (in French). Retrieved 12 May 2018.