The school currently has around 800 pupils at the Collège level, and 1,000 pupils at the Lycée level. The school also offers classes préparatoires for 150 pupils. The lycée has science (S), literature (L) and economics (ES) sections. The classes préparatoires are specialized in economics (ECE and ECS).
It also has two international sections, in Portuguese and Polish.
Famous alumni of the Lycée Montaigne include:
- André Weinfeld, writer, director, producer.
- Frédéric Beigbeder, writer.
- René Clair, filmmaker.
- Michel Debré, former French Prime Minister.
- Richard Descoings, director of the Paris Institute of Political Studies.
- Karl Lagerfeld, fashion designer.
- Régis Laspalès, comedian and actor.
- Jean-Marie Lustiger, former archbishop of Paris.
- Phetsarath, former Prime Minister of Laos.
- Renaud, singer.
- Karl Stoeckel, president of the student union Union Nationale Lycéenne in 2005-2006.
- http://www.montaigne-paris.fr (French)
|This French school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|