||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
April 15, 1964 |
|Years active||Model: 1978–
Born in Saint-Nazaire, France, Denier was raised in Martinique, attending school at the Lycee Shoelcher in Fort-de-France. When she was 14 she became a model, appearing in magazines such as Vogue and ELLE among others. She began traveling the world when she was 16 years old, spending time in Africa, the Caribbean, and Germany, where she got her first record deal with Polygram, as a ballad singer. She visited Los Angeles on vacation and decided to stay and pursue an acting career. She began appearing in videos and commercials while she refined her English skills and studied acting.
In 1988 she had her first feature film appearance in the U.S. in Bulletproof, with Gary Busey. She went on to a moderately successful run with recurring appearances in several TV series, most notably General Hospital, The Flash, The Ellen Burstyn Show, Starman, among others.
In 1991, she had another big break when she was cast as Jane Porter for the Tarzán series. She came to the attention of Zalman King, who cast her for a leading role in Wild Orchid II: Two Shades of Blue, as well as an appearance in the Red Shoe Diaries series. She has worked with Drew Barrymore, Martin Landau, Cynthia Rothrock, Teri Garr, Kathleen Quinlan, and others.
In 1995, she was briefly engaged to J. Christopher Stevens.
- Grunt! The Wrestling Movie (1985) as Angel Face
- Starman: "The Return" (1986) as Darcy
- The Ellen Burstyn Show: "Pilot" (1986) as Allegra
- Paramedics (1988) as Liette
- Bulletproof (1988) as Tracy
- General Hospital (1989) as Dr. Yasmine Bernoudi
- China Beach (two episodes, 1989–1990) as Danielle
- The Flash: "Honor Among Thieves" (1990) as Kate Tatting
- Wild Orchid II: Two Shades of Blue (1991) as Dominique
- Tarzán (1991–1994) as Jane Porter (Tarzan)
- Red Shoe Diaries: "Talk to Me Baby" (1992) as Elaine
- Perfect Alibi (1995 film) as Jeannine
- Tarzan: The Epic Adventures (1996–1997) as Olga de Coude
- Silk Stalkings: "Night of the Parrot" (1997) as Danielle
- Conan the Adventurer (1997) as Katrina
- The New Adventures of Robin Hood: "Orphans" (1998) as Emily, the maid
and "The Assassin" (1998) as Countess Emily Du Monde
- Fatal Pursuit (1998) as beautiful French assistant to Malcolm McDowell
- Acapulco H.E.A.T. (1998–1999) as Nicole
- Spin City: "A Tale of Four Cities" (2002) as Simone
- Gilmore Girls: "Korean Thanksgiving" (2002) as Monique Clemenceau
- Hammerhead: Shark Frenzy (2005) as Doctor Mendoveko
- Children of Wax (2007) as Monica