Lylah M. Alphonse
Family and life
In 1994, she began working as an editor at The Boston Globe newspaper in Boston, where she eventually became a member of the newspaper's Sunday magazine staff. She also wrote frequently for their Travel, Food, National & Foreign News, and Living/Arts sections. She has also been Consulting Editor for the Fezana Journal, Managing Editor at Work It, Mom!, and Senior Editor and Writer at Yahoo.com, where she covered news, parenting trends, health, women's issues, and politics and interviewed First Lady Michelle Obama, presidential advisor Valerie Jarrett, and others.
Ms. Alphonse formerly wrote the blog The 36-Hour Day blog and Write. Edit. Repeat., is the author of "Triumph Over Discrimination: The Life Story of Farhang Mehr" (ISBN 0-9709937-0-6), and has contributed articles to Our Times (5th edition, Bedford Books, 1998) and Interactions: A Thematic Reader (Houghton Mifflin Co., 1999).
- About the Globe Magazine - The Boston Globe
- Globe-trotting - The Boston Globe
- Food - Boston.com
- Books - The Boston Globe Book Reviews and Best Sellers Lists - Boston.com
- FEZANA - Fezana Journal
- Working Mothers | Working Moms Community - Work It, Mom!
- Balancing Work and Family Blog - The 36-Hour Day - Work It, Mom!
- Write. Edit. Repeat