|Birth name||Lee Se-jin|
|Born||9 November 1981|
|Origin||Namyangju, Gyeonggi, South Korea|
|Revised Romanization||I Se-jin|
Lee Se-jin (born on 9 November, 1981) is a South Korean singer known professionally as Lyn. She has released ten studio albums to date.
Lyn was first scouted by an agency because of her voice and from there, she first made her debut under her real name, Lee Se-jin, and released an album. The album sold poorly and was barely known. Lyn then took some time off to train vocally. She made a comeback in 2002 under the name Lyn with her supposedly first album Have You Ever Have A Broken Heart?. It was very successful and was able to shoot her up to one of the top R&B female solo singer of the year. After a surprise two years hiatus, Lyn released her second album Can U See The Bright. The album was very successful, surpassing her previous album with her popular single, "사랑했잖아" (Used To Love). Due to its popularity, the song was eventually covered on another successful singer Lee Seung-gi's album, released in late 2006. Lyn released her third album, The Pride of the Morning, on March 7, 2007, and sold 15,358 copies in that month, placing second in the Music Industry Association of Korea's monthly chart. Again, it was a success and was once again reclaim her title as one of the best R&B female singer. Overall her album sold 25,171 copies. Lyn then released more albums afterwards, and did not become very successful, but in 2009 she made a comeback with her 5th album called 'Let Go, Let In, It's a New Day'. In early 2012, she released her 7th album title 'Love Fiction'.
In 2012, she sang "Back in Time" for the soundtrack of period drama Moon Embracing the Sun. She then sang "My Destiny" for My Love from the Star, for which she won "Best Original Soundtrack" at the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards in 2014. She is the first artist to win in the category. In 2015, she also sang "Just One Day" for melodrama Mask, followed by "Such Person" with 4MEN's Shin Young Jae for the drama Oh My Venus. In 2016 she sang "With You" for the drama Descendants of the Sun.After that, she sang "Love Story" for the main soundtrack of The Legend of the Blue Sea. In 2018, she collaborated with Hanhae on "LOVE", a song from the soundtrack of Are You Human Too?
On October 27, 2015, Lyn's label MUSIC&NEW announced on through an official Facebook post  that the singer's contract with the company had ended. She would be continuing promotions under her new individual music label COMPANY919.
- External Reference: Lyn Discography
- 2000: My First Confession
- 2002: Have You Ever Had Heart Broken?
- 2004: Can U See the Bright
- 2005: One and Only Feeling
- 2007: The Pride of the Morning
- 2009: Let Go, Let In, It's a New Day
- 2009: 6½ New Celebration
- 2010: 6th Part 2 'Candy Train'
- 2014: Le Grand Bleu
- 2015: 9X9th
- 2011: Metro Sexy 7.
- 2012: LoveFiction
Awards and nominations
|2004||6th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best R&B Performance||"Used to Love"||Nominated|
|2012||14th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best OST for Moon Embracing the Sun||"Back in Time"||Nominated|
|5th Korea Drama Awards||Best OST for Moon Embracing the Sun||"Back in Time"||Won|
|2013||15th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best Vocal Performance||"Breakable Heart"||Nominated|
|2014||50th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best OST for My Love from the Star||"My Destiny"||Won|
|9th Seoul International Drama Awards||Outstanding Korean Drama OST for My Love from the Star||"My Destiny"||Won|
|6th MelOn Music Awards||Best OST for My Love from the Star||"My Destiny"||Won|
|16th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best OST for My Love from the Star||"My Destiny"||Won|
|Yahoo Asia Buzz Award||Top Searched Song Of The Year||"My Destiny"||Won|
|Seoul Music Awards||Best OST for My Love from the Star||"My Destiny"||Won|
- "린 프로필" (in Korean). Naver.
- "Lyn". 2006-07-18. Retrieved 2007-09-30.
- "Album Sales In The Month Of March". MIAK (in Korean). 2006-07-18. Archived from the original on 2007-07-08. Retrieved 2007-06-19.
- "Album Sales In The Month Of May". Recording Industry Association Korea (in Korean). 2006-07-18. Archived from the original on 2007-06-17. Retrieved 2007-06-19.
- "2007 Year-End Chart". Recording Industry Association Korea (in Korean). 2006-07-18. Archived from the original on 2008-05-08. Retrieved 2008-01-27.
- Lee, Yeonjeong (2012-03-15). "린 "린스러운 편안한 노래 담았죠"". Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (28 May 2014). "Jun Ji Hyun and Song Kang Ho Receive Highest Honors at the Baeksang Arts Awards". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- Lyn croons 'With You' for 'Descendants of the Sun' OST Part. 7
- "Lyn and Lee Soo tie the knot with blessings from SISTAR, Ailee, Brown Eyed Girls, and more". Allkpop. September 19, 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "2004 MKMF part 1". Mwave. Retrieved 2014-08-25.