This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Andrews was born and raised in the Liverpool suburb of Fazakerley, She is the daughter of a hairdresser and a police officer. She was educated at the Convent of Notre-Dame at Everton Valley where she did not excel at English but had a passion for history and literature, eventually earning 5 O-levels.
She then trained as short-hand typist at a well-rated commercial college in Colquitt Street. After graduating she became a secretary at the Lily Cups company in Aintree and married her husband Robert, a policeman from Fazakerley. At that time she was living in Fazakerley. Andrews remembers, "In those days I never did any writing at all. I didn't want to be a writer."
She quit her job after about three years at Lily Cups when she became pregnant. Giving birth to triplets, a daughter Helen and two sons Paul and Keith, she raised her family and started to publish novels.
Currently Lyn is one of the top one hundred bestselling authors in the UK, reaching No. 1 on the Sunday Times paperback best-seller list. In 1993 she was shortlisted for the Romantic Novel of the year Award. To date she has written 31 original novels and is a popular novelist in the North of England.
She now divides her time between Merseyside and Ireland where she has lived for several years.
- The White Empress (1989)
- The Sisters O'Donnell (1990)
- Liverpool Lou (1991)
- Ellan Vannin (1991)
- The Leaving of Liverpool (1992)
- Maggie May (1993)
- Mist Over the Mersey (1994)
- Mersey Blues (1995)
- Liverpool Lamplight (1996)
- Liverpool Songbird (1996)
- From this day forth (1997)
- Where the Mersey Flows (1997)
- Angels of Mercy (1998)
- When Tomorrow Dawns (1998)
- The Ties That Bind (1999)
- Take These Broken Wings (1999)
- My Sister's Child (2000)
- The House on Lonely Street (2001)
- Love and a Promise (2002)
- A Wing and a Prayer (2002)
- When Daylight Comes (2003)
- Across a Summer Sea (2003)
- A Mother's Love (2004)
- Every Mother's Son (2005)
- Friends Forever (2005)
- Far from Home (2006)
- Days of Hope (2008)
- A Daughter's Journey (2008)
- A Secret in the Family (2009)
- To Love and to Cherish (2010)
- Beyond a Misty Shore (2011)
- Lyn Andrews, Merseysiders Magazine, Dec. 13, 2012, p. 14.
- Writing was on the wall; ECHO JOBS: My first job - Lyn Andrews may be a bestselling author now, but there was a time when she typed others' work rather than her own. Interview, 2002, on thefreelibrary.com.
- Lyn Andrews – The Sunday Times No.1 Bestseller (Headline Publishing Group)
- Lyn Andrews: Best-seller status for ordinary girl (Liverpool Daily Post, 10 September 2007)
- Lyn Andrews on authorpages.hoddersystems.com
- Lyn Andrews on lovereading.co.uk
- Lyn Andrews on fantasticfiction.co.uk
- Lyn Andrews on christinegreen.co.uk