Rive in 2015
|Born||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Known for||Co-founder of SolarCity|
|Title||CEO of SolarCity|
|Relatives||Elon Musk (cousin)
Peter Rive (brother)
Lyndon Rive is the co-founder and CEO of SolarCity, a provider of clean energy services that designs, finances, and installs photovoltaic systems, performs energy-efficiency audits, and retrofits and builds charging stations for electric vehicles. Rive co-founded SolarCity with his brother Peter in 2006. SolarCity is the largest residential solar installer in the United States. Prior to co-founding SolarCity, Lyndon Rive co-founded the enterprise software company Everdream, which was ultimately acquired by Dell. Rive started his first company at age 17 before leaving his native South Africa. In his spare time, Rive plays underwater hockey. Rive is a cousin of SolarCity investor and entrepreneur Elon Musk, and their mothers are twins.
- "Who Reigns Supreme in Residential Solar?". greentechmedia.com.
- "Lyndon Rive Mini Bio". ZoomInfo.
- Turning Toward the Sun, New York Times
- "2010 Young Innovators Under 35". Technology Review. 2010. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "Ernst & Young Announces SolarCity CEO and Co-Founder Lyndon Rive as the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Award Winner in Northern California" (Press release). Solar City. 24 June 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2015.