Rive in 2015
|Nationality||South African - American|
|Known for||Co-founder of SolarCity|
|Title||CEO of SolarCity|
|Relatives||Elon Musk (cousin) |
Kimbal Musk (cousin)
Tosca Musk (cousin)
Maye Musk (aunt)
Lyndon Rive (born 22 January 1977) is the co-founder of SolarCity and served as its CEO until 2017. SolarCity is a provider of clean energy services that designs, finances, and installs photovoltaic systems, performs energy-efficiency audits, and retrofits and builds charging stations for electric vehicles. Rive co-founded SolarCity with his brother Peter in 2006.
Prior to co-founding SolarCity, Lyndon Rive co-founded the enterprise software company Everdream, which was ultimately acquired by Dell. Rive started his first company at age 17 before leaving his native South Africa. In his spare time, Rive plays underwater hockey. Rive is a cousin of SolarCity investor and entrepreneur Elon Musk, as their mothers are twins.
In 2017, Rive announced he would cease working for Tesla, Inc. after it acquired SolarCity in 2016. He states that he will spend his time with his family along with further entrepreneurial activities. According to Rive, he left Tesla to work on a new startup. 
- "Lyndon Rive". CNBC.com. 6 October 2014. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "Lyndon Rive | SolarCity Corporation". ZoomInfo. Archived from the original on 8 December 2010. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Rive, Lyndon (20 April 2013). "Turning Toward the Sun". The New York Times. As told to Elizabeth Olson. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "2010: Innovators Under 35". MIT Technology Review. 2010. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Groom, Nichola (15 May 2017). "Former SolarCity CEO Lyndon Rive will leave Tesla". Reuters. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Lyndon Rive Is Leaving Tesla to Focus on a New Startup: 'I Am an Entrepreneur at Heart'". Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- "Ernst & Young Announces Entrepreneur Of The Year(R) 2013 Award Winners in Northern California". Yahoo! Finance. 24 June 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Ernst & Young Announces SolarCity CEO and Co-Founder Lyndon Rive as the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Award Winner in Northern California" (Press release). Solar City. 24 June 2013. Archived from the original on 17 April 2015. Retrieved 10 April 2015.