Lynk & Co
Lynk & Co is a Chinese-Swedish automotive brand owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group. Founded in 2016, its cars will be positioned between those of the Geely brand and Swedish brand Volvo, which was purchased by Geely in 2010. The focus of the brand is on internet connectivity and innovative purchasing models in certain markets, targeting the young professional demographic.
The name Lynk is meant to evoke connectivity and communication. The Chinese name of the brand is Lingke (领克), a transliteration of Lynk that has given meanings, where 领 means "to lead with open mind, in style design and cutting-edge technologies" while 克 means "to amend with innovations in trilateral space between human, vehicle and environment for better traffic".
Lynk & Co has announced three model intended for production, all based on the Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform developed by Volvo. The first product announced by Lynk & Co was the crossover 01, the production version first shown at the 2017 Auto Shanghai show. Production of the 01 began first in China in 2017, and is expected to start at Volvo's plant in Ghent, Belgium in 2019. A concept of the second model, the 03 sedan, was first shown along with the production 01 in Shanghai. The third model, also based on the platform shared with the Volvo XC40, is the 02. Smaller than the 01, it too is a crossover.
Lynk & Co is planning to use a direct-to-consumer sales model in most markets, including the United States. This method is very uncommon, especially in the United States, where dealerships have been used as the primary method of selling automobiles to consumers. Tesla has had recent success selling direct to consumers, which Geely acknowledges.
Instead of building its cars as trim levels, a method of building variations common used in the industry, each car will be ordered by the buyer and customized using equipment packages, though variations will be limited.
- Feijter, Tycho De. "Volvo And China's Geely Collaborate On 'Connected' Car Brand, Lynk & Co". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- 杭州博采网络科技有限公司-博采互动-http://www.bocweb.cn. "LYNK & CO （领克）品牌中国发布 全新商业模式开创业界先河 03概念车全球首发 - 浙江吉利控股集团-GEELY". www.geely.com. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "Lynk & Co reveals production-ready 01 SUV at Shanghai Motor Show". Auto Express. 2017-04-19. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Duff, Mike (2016-10-20). "Volvo's Geely Launches New Auto Brand, Lynk & Co, and It's Headed to the U.S." Car and Driver. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "Lynk & Co Unveils the 02 SUV, Its Third Vehicle". Car and Driver. 2018-03-27. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Lynk & Co Debuts 03 Concept and Announces Lifetime Warranty, Free Connectivity". Car and Driver. 2017-04-17. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Lynk & Co 02". Car and Driver. 2018-06-01. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Lynk & Co Brand to Do without Dealerships, Sell "Smartphones on Wheels"". Car and Driver. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Lynk&Co 01 SUV gets Geely's new global brand rolling | Autocar". www.autocar.co.uk. Autocar. 2016-10-19. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|