Lynn M. Bowles is a British radio broadaster and traffic reporter for the BBC.
Bowles was born in Cardiff, Wales, and is the youngest of three siblings. Her father, Cliff, was a marine engineer; her mother, Josephine, was born in Monmouth but moved to Rumney in Cardiff.
After university, Bowles worked in New Orleans for a TV news station. She returned to the UK in the early 1990s but struggled to find work. Eventually she secured a position as a traffic reporter with LBC, on Richard Littlejohn's show. She subsequently joined the John Inverdale Nationwide programme on BBC Radio 5 Live where she remained for eight years before moving to BBC Radio 2.
From Saturday 9 June 2012, and for eight consecutive weeks, Bowles presented her own show on BBC Radio Wales, featuring guests such as Ken Bruce with whom she appears as travel reporter on his show on BBC Radio 2.
Since 2 November 2014, she has presented a weekly Sunday afternoon show on BBC Radio Wales.
Personal and charitable activities
Bowles learnt to drive in a Land Rover and became a mascot for the marque after competing in the 2004 run of the Macmillan 4x4 UK Challenge and co-presenting the Heritage Motor Centre Land Rover show from 2005 to 2010.
In the August 2013 issue of Land Rover Owner international magazine Bowles was a guest columnist 'for one month only' discussing her childhood experiences in Land Rovers and her time training for the Camel Trophy .
She is an ambassador for Bobath Children's Therapy Centre Wales, a registered charity based in Cardiff that provides specialist Bobath therapy to children from all over Wales who have cerebral palsy. In the November 2007 Children in Need week a "Money can't buy" experience was auctioned which included spending a day with her at Land Rover and other automotive experiences under the banner of 'Petrolheads', and the item raised £22,000 for the charity.
- "Lynn Bowles". BBC Radio 2. BBC. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- Whitfield, Lydia (15 June 2009). "Talking traffic with the 'Totty from Splotty'". South Wales Echo / The Free Library. Fairlex, Inc. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- "Lynn Bowles". JLA. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- "BBC Radio Wales – Lynn Bowles – Episode guide". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-07-04.
- Kirstie McCrum (24 October 2014). "Radio 2's 'Totty from Splotty' Lynne Bowles gets her own radio show and says: 'I've been trained by some of the best in the business to talk rubbish'". walesonline.co.uk. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
-  Archived 25 June 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived 19 December 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- "WHAT'S IN THE AUGUST 2013 ISSUE OF LRO | LRO.com UK". Lro.com. Retrieved 2014-07-04.
- "Radio 2 – Children in Need 2007 – Wogan's Auction". BBC. Retrieved 2014-07-04.