Lynn Classical High School
|Lynn Classical High School|
|235 O'Callaghan Way
Lynn, Massachusetts, 01905
|School district||Lynn Public Schools|
|Number of students||1,513|
|Color(s)||Green and Gold|
|Athletics conference||Northeastern Conference (NEC)|
The school was once located off of the Lynn Commons, which building is now the Fecteau-Leary school. The high school was moved to O'Callaghan Way after the controversial construction of a new facility. The new facility has had to undergo massive reconstruction after it was discovered the building was literally sinking into the ground. It was a well-known fact that the new Classical was built on a former landfill, yet construction broke ground anyway.
Despite being situated in a decidedly urban environment, Classical has maintained a fairly strong track record, in terms of graduation rates and test scores. The school has been lauded in the past by publications such as U.S. News & World Report.
The school also has a strong athletic tradition, and is the school from which Harry Agganis graduated before blossoming into the world class athlete he became. In the main foyer, a mural of Agganis greets visitors to the school.
Lynn Classical is the rival school to Lynn English High School.
- Harry Agganis, Major League Baseball first baseman
- Julie Archoska, American football player
- Edward Farnsworth, All-American college football player
- Ken Hill, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Glenn Ordway, sports commenator
- Lou Tsioropoulos, professional basketball player
- Gasper Urban, American football player
- McCabe Kathy. "Getting that sinking feeling..." Boston Globe. April 20, 2008. Retrieved on September 20, 2014.
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|