Lynn English High School
|Lynn English High School|
|50 Goodridge Street
Lynn, Massachusetts 01902
|School type||High School|
|School district||Lynn Public Schools|
|Superintendent||Dr. Catherine Latham|
|Color(s)||Maroon and Gray|
|Athletics conference||Northeastern Conference (NEC)|
Its student population is approximately 2,000 and its faculty consists of 1 principal, 3 vice principals, 8 department heads, 6 guidance counselors, 93 teachers, 1 librarian, and 3 paraprofessionals. Lynn English High School’s Mission Statement is to provide all students with the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills within a safe and supportive environment and to promote respectful, responsible behavior.
- The Lynn English Junior ROTC program frequently competes and is recognized nationally at numerous drill team competitions.
- In December 2008, Lynn English was named to the U.S. News and World Report listing of the Best High Schools in America.
- In March 2009, Lynn English was voted the best Low Income Academic School in Massachusetts by Businessweek Magazine.
- In mid-2009, the school was recognized as an Intel School of Distinction in Mathematics Excellence, receiving significant grant money to expand technology at the school.
- Stand Up 2011 award for “innovative and impactful programs that address bullying”.
- Ben Bowden, baseball player
- Les Burke, baseball player
- Joseph Currier, WrestlingObserver.com editor
- John A. Curry, 1951. Fmr. President of Northeastern University.
- John J. Donovan, 1959. MIT Professor, Entrepreneur.
- Jim Hegan, baseball player
- Lyndon LaRouche, 1940. Economist.
- Jack Noseworthy, 1982. Actor
- Mike Pazik, baseball player
- Harry A. Dame, 1915–1917. Physical education teacher;
- Harold McDevitt, 1915. Football coach
- Tom Whelan, Coach, athletic director and principal
- "About our School"
- "Lynn English High School Mission Statement"
- Lynn English in the News
- Intel Selects Contest Finalists
- "English honored for anti-bullying efforts"
- "Player Perspective: Lynn English's Ben Bowden". ESPN.com. Retrieved June 16, 2016.
- Material for this yearbook issue was compiled and researched by Betsy QM Tong (1994-06-12). "CLASS ACTS MOST LIKELY TO . . . Notable graduates of Boston area high schools". Boston Globe (pre-1997 Fulltext).