Lynn Heritage State Park
|Lynn Heritage State Park|
|Metropolitan Park System of Greater Boston|
|Location||590 Washington Street|
|Area||4 acres (2 ha) |
|Management||Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation|
|Website: Lynn Heritage State Park|
Lynn Heritage State Park is a history-themed state park in downtown Lynn, Massachusetts, that is part of the Metropolitan Park System of Greater Boston. Exhibits in the visitors center highlight the city's industrial past, the tradition of shoemaking and its transition from a handicraft to mechanization, and the story of Elihu Thomson, an engineer and inventor instrumental in the founding of General Electric. The park offers guided tours and a self-guided walking tour and includes the nearby 4.2-acre (1.7 ha) Waterfront Park, located at Lynn Harbor.
- "2012 Acreage Listing" (PDF). Department of Conservation and Recreation. April 2012. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- "Lynn Heritage State Park". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- "Protected and recreational open space datalayer". Office of Geographic and Environmental Information (MassGIS), Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental Affairs.
- "Walking Map". MassParks: Lynn Heritage State Park. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Lynn Heritage State Park Department of Conservation and Recreation