Lynn S. Adelman
|Lynn S. Adelman|
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin|
December 23, 1997
|Appointed by||Bill Clinton|
|Preceded by||Thomas John Curran|
|Born||Lynn S. Adelman
October 1, 1939
|Education||Princeton University (A.B.)
Columbia Law School (LL.B.)
Lynn S. Adelman (born October 1, 1939) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
Education and early career
Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Adelman received an Artium Baccalaureus degree from Princeton University in 1961, and a Bachelor of Laws from Columbia Law School in 1965. He was a research assistant at Columbia from 1965 to 1966, and a law clerk to attorney Richard H. Kuh in 1966. He was a trial attorney for the Legal Aid Society of Wisconsin from 1967 to 1968, and then entered private practice in Milwaukee in 1968.
Adelman ran for Congress unsuccessfully three times, in 1974 in the general election, and in primaries in 1982 and in 1984 in a special election. He was a Democratic member of the Wisconsin State Senate from 1977-97.
Federal judicial service
On September 8, 1997, he was nominated by President Bill Clinton to a seat on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin vacated by Thomas John Curran. Adelman was confirmed by the United States Senate on November 13, 1997, and received his commission on December 23, 1997.
Consideration for Seventh Circuit
On January 22, 2010, United States Senators Herb Kohl and Russ Feingold forwarded four names to the Obama White House for consideration to fill the vacancy on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit created when Judge Terence T. Evans assumed senior status. Adelman was recommended along with Victoria F. Nourse, Richard Sankovitz and Dean Strang. Nourse was nominated for the vacancy.
- "Lynn Adelman | Eastern District of Wisconsin | United States District Court". Wied.uscourts.gov. Retrieved 2016-12-30.
- "Adelman, Lynn S. - Federal Judicial Center". www.fjc.gov.
- "Adelman faces near-record campaign debts", The Milwaukee Journal, July 26, 1984.[dead link]
- Wisconsin History - Lynn S. Adelman, wisconsinhistory.org; accessed October 12, 2016.[dead link]
- Adam Korbitz, Kohl, Feingold forward four names to President Obama for Seventh Circuit, State Bar of Wisconsin (January 25, 2010). Archived February 14, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
Thomas John Curran
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
|This biography of a judge in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|