||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
October 30, 1946 [|
Somerville, New Jersey, United States
Lynne Marta (born October 30, 1946) is an American actress.
Marta's career has largely been as a guest player on episodic television, and she has often made multiple appearances on the same series as different characters (including The F.B.I., Cannon, Medical Center, The Streets of San Francisco, Barnaby Jones, Trapper John, M.D., and Vega$). During the mid-late 1970s, she appeared (as different characters) in three separate episodes of Starsky & Hutch.
Marta has also appeared in episodes of ER, Caroline in the City, Designing Women, Gunsmoke, Matt Houston, Law & Order, Charlie's Angels, The Rockford Files, Kojak, Marcus Welby, M.D., and The Rookies. She has also appeared in the daytime soap operas Passions, The Young and the Restless, and Days of Our Lives.
Also a singer, Marta has performed in several television shows. She composed a song, "Nobody Loves You Quite Like You Do", which she sang on the Starsky and Hutch episode "Quadromania" in 1978. A duet with David Soul - who she was dating - "Black Bean Soup", appears on the B-side of his #1 single "Don't Give Up on Us".
- Red Sky at Morning (1971)
- Joe Kidd (1972)
- Genesis II (1973) (TV)
- Adams of Eagle Lake (1975) (TV series)
- Help Me... I'm Possessed (1976)
- Once an Eagle (1976) (TV miniseries)
- In the Glitter Palace (1977) (TV)
- Homeward Bound (1980) (TV)
- Blood Beach (1981)
- Footloose (1984)
- Crime of Innocence (1985) (TV)
- The First Power (1990)
- Columbo: Uneasy Lies the Crown (1990) (TV)
- 3 Men and a Little Lady (1990)
- A Case for Murder (1993) (TV)
- Message from Nam (1993) (TV)
- Race Against Time: The Search for Sarah (1996) (TV)
- Sleeping with the Devil (1997) (TV)
- Time of Fear (2002)