|Full name||Lynsey Sharp|
|Born||11 July 1990|
|Country|| Great Britain
Lynsey Sharp (born 11 July 1990) is a Scottish athlete, who competes in the 800 metres. She is the 2012 European champion at that distance, and represented Great Britain at that distance in the 2012 London Olympics, finishing 7th in her semi-final. Her personal best is 2:00.52.
2012 European Championships
Sharp originally won the silver medal at the 2012 European Athletics Championships in Helsinki. It was subsequently upgraded to gold after abnormalities were founded in Yelena Arzhakova's biological passport.
Family and background
|Representing Great Britain|
|2007||World Youth Championships||Ostrava, Czech Republic||4th (sf)||800 m||2:11.36|
|2008||World Junior Championships||Bydgoszcz, Poland||6th (sf)||800 m||2:09.00|
|2011||European U23 Championships||Ostrava, Czech Republic||2nd||800 m||2:00.65|
|2012||European Championships||Helsinki, Finland||1st||800 m||2:00.52|
|2012||Olympic Games||London, England||7th (sf)||800 m||2:01.78|
|2008||Commonwealth Youth Games||Pune, India||3rd||800 m||2:06.77|
- Hart, Simon (3 July 2012). "Team GB athletics squad for London 2012 Olympics announced". Telegraph. Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "Olympics: Lynsey Sharp grabs silver, but London looks out of reach". The Scotsman. 30 June 2012. Retrieved 2 July 2012.
- "Great Britain's Lynsey Sharp made European champion after 800m silver is upgraded". The Telegraph. 4 June 2013. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Lynsey is Kurri Athlete of the Year... Again". scottishathletics.org.uk. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- "Sharp, Lynsey Biography". IAAF. Retrieved 2012-08-26.
- "Athlete Profile". Thepowerof10.info. Retrieved 2012-08-26.
|This biographical article relating to sport in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to British athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|