Lyon Air Museum
The Lyon Air Museum is located in a hangar on the west side of the John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, California. The museum features military aircraft, rare automobiles, military vehicles and motorcycles, and related memorabilia, with an emphasis on World War II.
The aircraft that are on display are all in airworthy condition and include a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna O-1E Bird Dog, Douglas DC-3, Douglas C-47 Skytrain, North American B-25 Mitchell and a Douglas A-26 Invader. The latest acquisition by the museum is a North American SNJ-6 Texan, that was added in the summer of 2013.
- "About Us Lyon Air Museum". Lyonairmuseum.org. 2013-01-18. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- Ogden, Bob. Aviation Museums and Collections of North America, Sudbourne, England, 2007. ISBN 978-0851303857.
- Parker, Dana T. Building Victory: Aircraft Manufacturing in the Los Angeles Area in World War II, Cypress, CA, 2013. ISBN 978-0-9897906-0-4.
- "Boeing B-17 Lyon Air Museum". Lyonairmuseum.org. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "World War II-era planes fly in for display at Santa Ana's Lyon Air Museum". Orange County Register. May 7, 2014. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- wendy (2013-08-02). "Lyon Air Museum Welcomes a AT-6F/SNJ-6 Texan to the Collection". Lyonairmuseum.org. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
|This California museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|