Lysaghts railway station
|NSW TrainLink intercity train station
← Coniston · Cringila →
|Location||Springhill Road, Spring Hill
New South Wales
|Line(s)||South Coast (Port Kembla branch)|
|Distance||86.267 km from Central|
|Platforms||2 (side), 134 and 150 metres|
|Train operators||NSW TrainLink|
|Disabled access||Not accessible|
|Opened||30 May 1938|
|Electrified||4 February 1986|
|Rank||285th of 307|
Lysaghts is an intercity train station located in Spring Hill, Australia, on the South Coast railway line's Port Kembla branch. The station serves NSW TrainLink trains travelling south to Port Kembla and north to Wollongong and Sydney. The station is surrounded on both sides by the Bluescope Lysaght factory at Spring Hill. Trains only stop on request. There is no way out of the station unless commuters work at the neighbouring steelworks.
The station was one of 23 on the metropolitan rail network to record an average of fewer than one passenger per day in 2014.
John Lysaght Australia commenced operations in 1918, and began manufacturing galvanised steel at Spring Hill in 1936. As the Port Kembla branch line, which opened in 1916, cut through the Lysaght site, a station was established in 1938 to cater to the company's workforce. The station has minimal facilities beyond its original skillion-roofed waiting shed and a 1986 pedestrian footbridge.
Platforms & Services
|1||services to Thirroul, Waterfall, Sydney Central & Bondi Junction|||
|2||services to Port Kembla|||
- Asset Standards Authority (30 April 2015). "Train Operating Conditions (TOC) Manual – Track Diagrams (version 3.0)" (PDF).
- Bozier, Rolfe. "NSWrail.net: Lysaghts Station".
- Office of Environment & Heritage (9 October 2009). "Wollongong Railway Station Group".
- Bureau of Transport Statistics (March 2015). "Summary of train journeys (official patronage figures)".
- Bureau of Transport Statistics (November 2012). Compendium of Sydney Rail Travel Statistics, 8th Edition.
- Sydney Trains (October 2014). "South Coast Line – Bomaderry or Port Kembla to Central and Bondi Junction".
- Bluescope Lysaght (12 April 2011). "Major Milestone for LYSAGHT Brand".
- Bozier, Rolfe. "NSWrail.net: Port Kembla branch".
- "South Coast line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 20 October 2013 [amended February 2015].
- Media related to Lysaghts railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Lysaghts station details Sydney Trains