|Shadow Minister for Immigration|
August 13, 2013 – November 19, 2015
|Preceded by||Jinny Sims|
|Succeeded by||Michelle Rempel|
|Member of Parliament
May 30, 2011 – 2015
|Preceded by||Bernard Patry|
|Succeeded by||Frank Baylis|
|Chair of the Standing Committee on
Status of Women
30 April 2013 – 28 October 2013
|Preceded by||Marie-Claude Morin|
|Succeeded by||Helene LeBlanc|
April 7, 1984 |
|Political party||New Democratic Party|
|Spouse(s)||Ronald Rojas Alvarez (2013-present) |
|Profession||Community Organizer, Student|
Lysane Blanchette-Lamothe (born April 7, 1984) is a Canadian politician. She was elected Member of Parliament for the riding of Pierrefonds—Dollard in the 2011 Canadian federal election as a member of the New Democratic Party, defeating longtime Liberal MP Bernard Patry.
Born in Montreal, Quebec, she has a teaching diploma from the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières in Special Education and is currently pursuing her Master's Degree in education at Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières. She has worked as a teacher in the Montreal area and in an Inuit school in northern Quebec.
She has lived in her riding for most of her life, and has been active in community work. She has worked with organizations alleviating poverty, and has taken part in events such as the Marche des femmes and demonstrations against high tuition.
|Canadian federal election, 2015: Pierrefonds—Dollard|
|New Democratic||Lysane Blanchette-Lamothe||9,584||16.38||-17.75||–|
|Bloc Québécois||Natalie Laplante||2,043||3.49||-1.49||–|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||58,505||100.0||$223,427.18|
|Total rejected ballots||368||–||–|
|Source: Elections Canada|
|Canadian federal election, 2011|
|New Democratic||Lysane Blanchette-Lamothe||16,390||34.2%||–|
|Bloc Québécois||Nicolas Jolicoeur||2,389||5.0%||–|
|Total valid votes||47,920||58.7%|
Source: Elections Canada
- Richard Madan (September 10, 2013). "Despite slumping polls, for the NDP it's been the Summer of Love". CTV News. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- Karen Seidman (May 6, 2011). "New Pierrefonds-Dollard MP excited about the job". Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- Martin Francoeur (May 4, 2011). "De COMSEP à députée de Pierrefonds-Dollard". La Presse (in French). Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- Marie-Hélène Verville (May 3, 2011). "Attendre dans le mauvais bureau électoral" [Waiting in the wrong electoral office] (in French). Cites Nouvelles. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- cite web|url= http://globalnews.ca/news/2157592/federal-election-2015-pierrefonds-dollard-riding/
- Elections Canada – Confirmed candidates for Pierrefonds—Dollard, 30 September 2015
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about a Quebec Member of Parliament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|