Lysekil southeast part
|County||Västra Götaland County|
|• Total||3.75 km2 (1.45 sq mi)|
|Population (31 December 2010)|
|• Density||2,032/km2 (5,260/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Lysekil is situated at the mouth of the Gullmarn fjord, which is a conservation area, and is a major summer tourist destination.
The largest oil refinery in Sweden, Preemraff Lysekil situated a few miles outside the town, is one of the main employers in the area.
Port project controversy
In late November 2017, pro-Beijing businessman and Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) member Gao Jingde, on behalf of a consortium led by Hong Kong-listed Sunbase International (Holdings) Ltd of which he is chairman, proposed building Scandinavia's largest port at Lysekil. 
Often referred to as Creamed Smoked Roe in English, it differs from normal caviar in that its main ingredients are cod roe, canola oil, sugar, onion, tomato sauce and salt; it is also often seasoned with dill. Kalles Kaviar is the best-known brand.
People from Lysekil
- Nathalie Djurberg (born 1978) – artist
- Bert Lundin (1921 – 2018) – union leader
- William Matson (1849 – 1917) – Swedish-American shipping executive.
- Fredrik Risp (born 1980) – Swedish football player.
- "Tätorternas landareal, folkmängd och invånare per km2 2005 och 2010" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. 14 December 2011. Archived from the original on 10 January 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- Olsson, Jojje (22 December 2017). "A small Swedish municipality is about to let a high-profile Chinese Communist Party-linked businessman build Scandinavia's largest port on the Atlantic coast. The case shows the importance of central-level mechanisms to control inbound Chinese investments and prevent China from exploiting legal loopholes to accumulate vital infrastructure far beyond the 'One Belt, One Road' project". Taiwan Sentinel.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lysekil.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Lysekil.|
|This article about a location in Västra Götaland County, Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|