Lyster Hoxie Dewey
His publications comprised bulletins of the United States Department of Agriculture, on:
- the production of fiber from flax, hemp (Cannabis species), sisal, and manila plants
- the origin of cotton and classification of the varieties of cotton plants (Gossypium species).
- investigations on grasses and invasive troublesome weeds.
- WashingtonPost.com: "Hemp fans look toward Lyster Dewey's past, and the Pentagon, for higher ground", by Manuel Roig-Franzia, 13 May 2010 . accessed 04.22.2017.
- Lyster Hoxie Dewey: Fiber production in the western hemisphere, United states printing office, Washington, 1943
- IPNI. L.H.Dewey.
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Gilman, D. C.; Peck, H. T.; Colby, F. M., eds. (1905). "article name needed". New International Encyclopedia (1st ed.). New York: Dodd, Mead.