Lytham St Annes High Technology College
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (November 2007)
Lytham St Annes
|DfE URN||119740 Tables|
LSA Technology and Performing Arts College is a community school maintained by Lancashire County Education Authority. It is an 11–18 Comprehensive and 6 Form offering seven years of successful education. As one of the largest schools in Lancashire they offer a wide range of curricular and extra-curricular activities, along with specialisms in Technology and Performing Arts. A College system ensures that students belong to smaller groups throughout school ensuring a continuity of staff and allowing family members and friendship groups to be kept together.
- 1955 Ansdell County Secondary School Opens.
- 1999 School gains Technology College status and becomes known as Lytham St. Annes High Technology College.
- 2004 School awarded prestigious Artsmark Silver Award.
- 2007 School also gains Performing Arts status and becomes known as LSA Technology and Performing Arts College.
- 2010 Outstanding School status awarded by OFSTED
Notable former pupils
- Kieran Brookes - Rugby union player who plays for Northampton Saints and England.
- Sally Hoolin – British Champion Ice-Skater in Pairs.
- John Hills – footballer/coach (Blackpool, Everton)
- Scott McNiven - Footballer Oldham Athletic A.F.C, Oxford United F.C., Mansfield Town F.C., Chester City F.C., Hyde United F.C.
- David McNiven (footballer, born 1978) - Footballer Oldham Athletic A.F.C, York City F.C., Hamilton Academical F.C., Queen of the South F.C., Hyde United F.C., twin brother of Scott McNiven
- Jamie Milligan - Footballer Everton F.C., Blackpool F.C., Coach at the Blackpool F.C. Centre of Excellence.
- Jo Clayden - GB Basketball Player and Coach 
Music & Acting
- Dean Lennox Kelly – actor; best known for his role in Shameless
- Craig Kelly - Actor; best known for his roles as Vince Tyler in the Channel 4 television series Queer as Folk (UK TV series) and as Luke Strong in Coronation Street.
- Niamh Boadle – Folk Singer, runner up of BBC2's Young Folk Award 2010
- William, Robert and Jack Bentham – 3/4 members of teen rock band Outl4w. Toured the world & performed at Radio 1's Big Weekend 2008
- Joseph Phillips – Actor, played the original Michael in the West End’s Billy Elliot The Musical in 2005. Last seen in Jimmy McGovern’s TV drama Accused, 2010
- Joni Fuller – Singer-songwriter; awarded 'Best Female Artist' at the Exposure Music Awards 2010 and later featured as 'one to watch' by PRS for Music
- Aimee Whelan – Stage actress, most recently with The Drilling Company (New York City).
- Danny Howard - Radio 1 DJ
- Oliver Ashworth - Actor, Downton Abbey, Marvellous
- Neal Gavyn - Actor, The Dream House, The Last Field, The Invisible Man, Jack Whitehall's Bounty Hunters  
- Nathan Day & Dave Williams - Musicians Darlia (band)
- Kivan Dene - Actor Peaky Blinders (TV series), Emmerdale
- Craig Parkinson - Actor. Misfits (TV Series), Line of Duty, Prey
- Sam Shearon – graphics artist, specialising in horror and science-fiction.
- PJ Taylor, PR executive and former journalist
- Andrew Rycroft – Royal Marines Commando.
- Gareth Smith – Chief Electrician at the Lyceum Theatre, London.
- Dr. Abigail Rymer - Astronomer at Johns Hopkins University. Discovered the aurora or Northern Lights on Saturn. 
- Dr Katharine Earnshaw - Lecturer in Classics and Ancient History at the University of Exeter 
- Dr Adam Stokes - Lecturer in the Institute for Micro and Nano Systems and the Institute for Bioengineering at The University of Edinburgh. 
- James North - Sword-bearer to Alderman Roger Gifford, Lord Mayor of London 2012. 
- Chris Evans - Broadcaster at Radio Wave 96.5
- Louise Bloomfield - Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners recognised Employment Lawyer, Partner at international law firm DAC Beachcroft LLP https://www.dacbeachcroft.com/en/gb/people/louise-bloomfield/
- Robyn Mott - Fashion Designer for Next plc, previously Abercrombie & Fitch
Notable former teachers
- Sean Bullen – Headteacher Millfield High School
- Karen Barker - Principal, The Da Vinci Studio School of Creative Enterprise 
- Phil Birch - Headteacher Garstang Community Academy
- Cherry Tingle - Headteacher Energy Coast UTC
- Stephen Brecken - Headteacher Broad Oak High School
- Stuart Smith - Former Headteacher of Habergham High School formerly Burnley Grammar School, Burnley. Habergham was demolished for the new site of Burnley High School.
- Tom Mather – Author of books about Rugby 
- Bob Welfare – UK Javelin coach & Trainer for the 2012 Olympics, helped train Steve Backley
Co-located youth organisations
- St. Annes Detachment - Lancashire Army Cadet Force, Monday & Wednesday 19:00 to 21:00
- 2486 Squadron - Air Training Corps, Tuesday & Thursday 19:00 to 21:00
- John Hills profile
- "Hoffman and Clayden to Participate in GB Women's Team Training Camp". England Basketball.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-08. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- Broadway World reference to Aimee Whelan
- "It's still unbelievable... from club DJ to Radio 1". Blackpool Gazette.
- "Oliver Ashworth IMDB".
- "Neal Gavyn Spotlight profile".
- "Neal Gavyn Vimeo Showreel".
- "Network Rail 'truly sorry'". BBC News. Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- "Sunday Business". Wikipedia. 2017-07-31.
- Andrew Rycroft profile
- "Abigail's ring of Saturn success".
- "University of Exeter Bio".
- "University of Edinburgh Bio".
- "Swordbearing role of honour". LSA School Website.
- "Da Vinci Studio School Website".
- "Goodreads - Tom Mather".
- "Top Athletes train for 2012".