M&M's World is a retail store that specialises in M&M's candy and merchandise. The first location was on the Las Vegas Strip in 1997, with others in Orlando, Florida, New York City, Henderson, Nevada, London and Shanghai.
The first location opened on the Las Vegas Strip in 1997, in the Showcase Mall next to the MGM Grand. The four-story M&M's World includes a gift shop on the first floor. The shop leads to a 3D movie theater that shows the short subject I Lost My M In Vegas. Also on display are M&M's in nearly every color, and a replica of the No. 18 M&M's race car that is driven in the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Series by Kyle Busch. M&M's clothing is sold on the second floor and on the stairs that go up to the second floor are pictures showing how the M&M's characters have evolved over the years painted on the wall.
The Las Vegas location received eight million visitors in 2007.
New York City
The New York City store is within a 24,000-square-foot (2,200 m2), three-level glass box, in Times Square. It includes a 50-foot (15 m)-wide, two-story-high, "wall of chocolate", made up of 72 continuous candy-filled tubes.
M&M's World in Times Square is New York City's largest candy store, and offers merchandise such as themed clothing, dishware, watches, and piggy banks. Before it opened in 2006, nearly 13,000 people lined up for the 198 jobs, which were in demand because of a more generous health benefit package than is usually offered for an entry-level retail job in New York.
Located in The Florida Mall, the 17,500-square-foot Orlando store was named "international store of the year" for 2005 by the Institute of Store Planners and VM+SD magazine (which covers store design and visual merchandising).
In late 2019, Mars Retail Group announced that they would be moving its Florida Mall location to Disney Springs, with an opening set for 2020. The Florida Mall location closed on August 21, 2020 with the opening of the Disney Springs location scheduled for the end of 2020.
It officially opened on January 30, 2021.
It is the world's largest candy store, at 35,000 sq ft (3,250 sq metres). The retail space was built as part of Westminster City Council's regeneration of the local area, to create a "world class destination", based on the similar remodelling of Times Square New York.
Mars Incorporated has a store close to its Ethel M Chocolate Factory in Henderson, Nevada. It is situated near to the plant's Ethel M Botanical Cactus Garden, which is one of the world's largest collections of its kind, and is based on the naturalistic English landscape garden model.
First opened in 2014, it is the only branch of M&M's World in Asia. The 1,600-square-meter store is located in the busy Shanghai Shimao International Plaza. The store re-opened in December 2018 after a remodel.
Mall of America
In 2020, it was announced that Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota would be the first M&M's retail store to open in the Midwest, and fourth location in the United States with others in Orlando, New York City, and Las Vegas. The store is anticipated to open later in 2021.
- Houck, Jeff. "It's like candy", The Tampa Tribune, 2008-03-12, p. 2.
- Chediak, Mark. "Retail exec offers tasty morsels about M&M's", Orlando Sentinel, 2006-11-21, p. 1.
- Wilson, Marianne (March 2006). "M&M's World Makes Candy Fun", Chain Store Age, 82 (3): 104–105.
- Straach, Kathryn. "Coke, M&M's part of 'real thing' in desert oasis", Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 1998-02-08, p. 7.
- Allen, Tina. "Chocolate lovers get Showcase store", Las Vegas Review-Journal, 1997-06-04, p. A4.
- Kadushin, Peter. "Got a job? Sweet! Lucky few savor new gigs at M&M's World Times Square Store", New York Daily News, 2006-12-07, p. 2.
- Pramik, Mike. "Eye candy: Columbus retail-design firm's latest award-winner a treat for M&M's", The Columbus Dispatch, 2007-02-01, p. E1.
- "M&M's Store Set to Open at Disney Springs in 2020". www.mynews13.com. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "M&M's World Still On Schedule to Open at Disney Springs Later This Year". www.laughingplace.com. Retrieved 2020-09-02.
- Gormley, Paul (2010-09-10). "100% of redeveloped Swiss Centre on London's Leicester Square let with signing of 'M&M'S World' store – McAleer & Rushe". Mcaleer-rushe.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "Europe's First Ever M&M'S World Store Opens in London's Leicester Square – London & Partners". Londonandpartners.com. 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "M&M's World (London)". Worldchocolateguide.com. Archived from the original on April 9, 2018. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- "The Swiss Centre, Post-War Buildings". Postwarbuildings.com. Retrieved November 28, 2011.
- "Personalized Gifts, Favors and More | M&M'S". www.mms.com. Archived from the original on April 29, 2013.
- "Remodeled M&M'S World Shanghai to reopen Dec. 5". www.candyindustry.com/. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- Uren, Adam. "M&M's to open 'experiential store' at Mall of America". Bring Me The News. Retrieved 2021-03-25.
- || M&M's World London Information
- Official M&M'S World Site
- Mars Retail Group expanding M&M’s store footprint — at home and abroad
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to M&M's World.|