Assumed office |
27 April 2016
|Born||The Liberties, Dublin, Ireland|
|Political party||Sinn Féin|
|Alma mater||Dublin Institute of Technology|
Máire Devine was born in The Liberties to a republican family and involved in campaigns around the 1981 Irish hunger strike. She worked as a psychiatric nurse in England and was a long-term trade union activist.
in 2018, she was suspended from Sinn Féin for three months after retweeting a parody Twitter account that referred to Irish Prison Service officer Brian Stack (fatally shot by the IRA in 1983) as a "sadist."
- "Máire Devine". Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "Quarter of senate seats filled". RTÉ News. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "Máire Devine". www.sinnfein.ie.
- "ElectionsIreland.org: Máire Devine". electionsireland.org.
- "Senator Máire Devine 'to be an advocate for nurses and mental health services'". www.sinnfein.ie.
- Brophy, Daragh. "Mary Lou says senator who retweeted post calling IRA victim a 'sadist' made 'catastrophic error'".
- "About Máire Devine". 16 November 2012.
|This article about a politician from Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|