This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mårten Gustaf Mickos|
Mårten G Mickos
|Occupation||CEO at HackerOne|
Mickos was chief executive officer (CEO) of MySQL AB from January 2001 to February 2008, when Sun Microsystems bought MySQL Inc and MySQL AB. He served as senior vice president of the database group at Sun Microsystems until March 2009.
In 2009, Marten participated as an expert witness for the European Commission when they were looking at the Oracle-MySQL merger through antitrust perspectives.
Mårten was a co-founder and CEO of MatchON Sports Ltd. Previously, he was CEO of Sonera subsidiary Intellitel Communications Inc, and has held sales and marketing positions at Solid Information Technology Ltd and other software companies.
Awards and recognition
- "Mårten Mickos: Why I Joined HackerOne as CEO".
- "HP Acquires Eucalyptus, Marten Mickos joins HP to run Cloud business".
- "Marten Mickos Named CEO of Eucalyptus Systems".
- "Former MySQL CEO Marten Mickos Joins Benchmark As Entrepreneur In Residence". TechCrunch.
- . "With Demand Growing, MySQL CEO calls it quits".
- "Former MySQL CEO Mårten Mickos Joins RightScale Board of Directors".
- "I was CEO of MySQL, am CEO of Eucalyptus". Archived from the original on 2014-06-27.
- . "Press release: New CEO at MySQL AB". MySQL AB.
- . "Tradeshift signs new angels". Techcrunch.
- "Press Release: MySQL Wins Audemars Piguet "Changing Times Award"".
- "Press release: Nokia Foundation Award to Mårten Mickos". Nokia.
- Mårten Mickos on Yabbly
- Open for business: Building successful commerce around open source - Mårten Mickos' talk at the PARC Forum.
- Mårten Mickos on effective teams (Slides, Video)
- Video: Mårten Mickos, ex-CEO of MySQL on Oracle, Open Source Startups & Lessons of MySQL
- Video: Shoot for the stars! - Mårten talks about the role of failure and long-term perspective at the Aalto Entrepreneurship Society
- Video: Entrepreneurial talk at Stanford: Believe in something bigger than yourself
In the media
- Gigaom Standardized open source products are the key to unlocking the lock-in trap
- Gigaom For developers, the cloud means having to rethink everything they know about making software
- On distributed teams http://productivemag.com/15/interview-with-marten-mickos
- CNN Money interview: How to manage employees who work from home http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/27/smallbusiness/employees-work-from-home/index.html
- Keynote by Mårten Mickos at O'Reilly MySQL CE 2011, "Data in the Cloud" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llO_EFQk3dM
- "Making it in America’ (by the Finn who sold MySQL for a billion dollars)": https://thenextweb.com/entrepreneur/2011/03/23/making-it-in-america-by-the-fin-who-sold-mysql-for-a-billion-dollars/
- Interview with Mårten Mickos in BizDeans Talk - "Entrepreneur and ex-CEO of MySQL": http://www.deanstalk.net/deanstalk/2009/11/interview-with-marten-mickos-entrepreneur-and-exceo-of-mysql.html
- Interview with Mårten Mickos in Forbes Magazine - "Why Oracle Won't Kill MySQL": https://archive.is/20130123095359/http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/20/mysql-marten-mickos-technology-enterprise-tech-mysql.html
- Interview with MySQL CEO by Guy Kawasaki: https://web.archive.org/web/20080114032808/http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2006/08/ten_questions_w_2.html
- Interview with MySQL CEO on Slashdot: http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/10/20/1325244&from=rss
- Mårten Mickos IT decision maker of the year in Finland in 2006: https://web.archive.org/web/20071216062647/http://www.tietoviikko.fi/doc.te?f_id=1067666
- Mårten Mickos ranked no. 9 among IT decision makers in Sweden in 2006: http://www.nyteknik.se/art/47124
- Mozilla Messaging Board of Directors: https://www.webcitation.org/68D1hHH8v?url=http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/