Jump to navigation Jump to search
The River Oise near Mériel
|Intercommunality||Vallée de l'Oise et des Impressionnistes|
|• Mayor (2008–2020)||Jean-Louis Delannoy|
|Area1||5.31 km2 (2.05 sq mi)|
|• Density||920/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||95392 /95630|
|Elevation||22–95 m (72–312 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
- Jean Gabin, actor (1904-1976). Gabin spent his childhood in Mériel where a museum has been dedicated to his life and work.
- Fernand Braudel, historian (1902-1985).
- Pavlos Pavlidis, musician and poet (resided from 1980 to 1992). Famous for being the singer, lyricist and guitarist for the band Τα Ξύλινα Σπαθιά.
Mériel is twinned with:
- Mérimée database - Cultural heritage (in French)
- Land use (IAURIF)[permanent dead link] (in English)
- Official website (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mériel.|
|This Val-d'Oise geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|