The organization is led by an elected Provincial Métis Council. The council is composed of 4 executive members, and 12 regional representatives. The organization has divided the province into 12 regions, and members within each region vote for their regional representative to the council. Within the 12 regions exist roughly 130 Métis locals, a smaller organizational structure with an elected president. All of the above meet annually with representatives from the organization's youth and women departments to discuss matters affecting the Métis Nation in the province. There is also a president of the Métis Nation—Saskatchewan, who holds one seat on the Board of Governors of the Métis National Council.
- Barkwell, Lawrence J., Leah Dorion, and Audreen Hourie. Métis legacy Michif culture, heritage, and folkways. Métis legacy series, v. 2. Saskatoon: Gabriel Dumont Institute, 2006. ISBN 0-920915-80-9
- Buckley, Helen, J. E. Michael Kew, and John B. Hawley. The Indians and Metis of Northern Saskatchewan: A Report on Economic and Social Development. Saskatoon: Centre for Community Studies, 1963.
- Cass-Beggs, Barbara. Seven Métis Songs of Saskatchewan With an Introd. on the Historical Background of the Métis. Don Mills, Ont: BMI Canada, 1967.
- MacDougall, Brenda. 2006. "Wahkootowin: Family and Cultural Identity in Northwestern Saskatchewan Metis". The Canadian Historical Review. 87, no. 3: 431-462.
- Métis Electoral Consultation Panel (Sask.). Métis Governance in Saskatchewan for the 21st Century Views and Visions of the Métis People: a Report. Saskatchewan: Métis Electoral Consultation Panel, 2005.
- Métis Justice Review Committee (Canada), and Patricia Linn. Report of the Saskatchewan Metis Justice Review Committee. Regina: The Committee, 1992.
- Poelzer, Dolores T., and Irene Poelzer. In Our Own Words: Northern Saskatchewan Metis Women Speak Out. Saskatoon, Sask: Lindenblatt & Hamonic, 1986. ISBN 0-921505-00-0
- Poitras, Lisa Michelle. Coming Full Circle: A History of Twentieth Century Metis Political Organizations in Saskatchewan. Regina?: s.n.], 1992.
- Saskatchewan. The Government of Saskatchewan Guidelines for Consultation with First Nations and Métis People: A Guide for Decision Makers. Regina: Govt. of Saskatchewan, 2006.
- Senior Citizens' Provincial Council of Saskatchewan. A Study of the Unmet Needs of Off-Reserve Indian and Metis Elderly in Saskatchewan. Regina: The Council, 1988.
|This Saskatchewan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|