Míchel (footballer, born 1975)
|Full name||Miguel Ángel Sánchez Muñoz|
|Date of birth||30 October 1975|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|1992–1996||Rayo Vallecano B|
|1997||→ Almería (loan)||18||(1)|
|2005||→ Málaga (loan)||9||(0)|
|2016–2017||Rayo Vallecano (youth)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
After one loan to UD Almería in the third division, Míchel returned to Rayo, being essential as the capital outskirts side finished ninth in the 1999–2000 campaign and qualified for the subsequent UEFA Cup through fair play, where Rayo bowed out in the quarter-finals to fellow La Liga club Deportivo Alavés. The following season he scored a career-best ten goals in 33 games (all starts), as his team ranked 14th.
Míchel moved in 2003 to Real Murcia, being relatively used in his first year, which ended in top flight relegation. He appeared very rarely, however, in his final two seasons, which included a six-month loan spell with Málaga CF in 2004–05, where he was also rarely used.
In July 2006, Míchel returned home and to Rayo, helping it return to the second level in the 2007–08 season. He continued to be team captain and, during the 2010–11 campaign, still contributed with two goals in 20 matches as they returned to the top tier after eight years.
On 9 July 2012, after having appeared in only nine games as Rayo retained its league status – just 246 minutes of action – 36-year-old Míchel retired from football, being immediately appointed manager of his main club's youth ranks.
- As of 17 March 2019
|Rayo Vallecano||21 February 2017||18 March 2019||89||34||23||32||116||118||−2||38.20|||
- Michel: "Los plazos de pagos se están cumpliendo" (Michel: "The payment deadlines are being met"); Marca, 17 December 2010 (in Spanish)
- Míchel, la zurda de Vallecas, se retira después de veinte años en activo (Míchel, the Vallecas lefty, retires after twenty years as a professional); ABC, 9 July 2012 (in Spanish)
- El capitán Míchel desmiente intentos de «motín» en el Rayo (Captain Míchel denies attempts at «mutiny» in Rayo); El Diario Vasco, 9 May 2012 (in Spanish)
- Míchel cuelga las botas (Míchel hangs boots); Marca, 9 July 2012 (in Spanish)
- "Míchel: Miguel Ángel Sánchez Muñoz". BDFutbol. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
"Míchel: Miguel Ángel Sánchez Muñoz". BDFutbol. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
"Míchel: Miguel Ángel Sánchez Muñoz". BDFutbol. Retrieved 16 October 2018.